SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Route P4 towards Lewisham on Diversion till 31/12/24
samuelsen

10-02-2024 11:16 PM

Needed go get the P4 on Monday, checked and shock horror found this......

HONOR OAK PARK, SE23L ROUTE P4 towards Lewisham is on diversion until 23:59 Sunday 31 December. Buses are diverted via Brockley Rise, missing stops 'Stondon Park / Honor Oak Park' (HC) and 'Maclean Road (HN)'. Buses towards Brixton are not affected.

Don't know how (they) TfL sneaked that under the radar

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
samuelsen

10-02-2024 11:28 PM

Just to re-iterate, it is the service towards Lewisham is on diversion
via Brockley Rise, missing stops 'Stondon Park / Honor Oak Park' (HC) and 'Maclean Road (HN)'
. Buses towards Brixton are not affected.

This post was last modified: 10-02-2024 11:34 PM by samuelsen.

Honoak

11-02-2024 11:23 PM

My question is why? The only thing I can think off is that it is seen as a problem for a single deck bus to turn left out of Honor Oak Park into Stondon Park. But its no worse than the left hand turn the 2 decker 171 does out of Borckley Rise into Stanstead Rd.

Indeed I've noticed that sometimes the P4 does a !72 loop" around the Chandos rather than turn left into Stondon Park - which just delayed things.

Doesn't make a great deal of sense to me. But thank you for the heads up.

samuelsen

12-02-2024 12:09 AM

They did this last year "P4 does a !72 loop" around the Chandos rather than turn left into Stondon Park - which just delayed things" and then earlier this year reverted to a normal left turn from Honor Oak Park into Stondon Park. As you say it just wasted time and increases journey time.

nottinghillbilly

12-02-2024 05:06 PM

A question,
My chiropodist is in Stondon Park and I normally get off of the bus near the Brockley Jack,
Does this mean I can only get the 122 bus to go there until next year?
Or is the bus skipping the aforementioned stops but still stopping nearish Crofton Park Station?
I'm a bit confused as It appears I can get a bus back to Forest Hill from the McClean road stop.

samuelsen

12-02-2024 05:40 PM

My understanding is that the P4 misses the first two stops on Stondon Park but still stops at the stop close to the Brockley Jack, that's my understanding.

Honoak

20-02-2024 01:45 PM

Peculiar - just seen a Lewisham bound P4 exit the 172/Chandos loops, go through the lights and stop at Stondon Park. The website still say that Stondon Park and Maclean Rd are missed - though I can't see why a bus exiting the Cjhandoes loop wouldn't stop at Stondon Park (after all the 172 does).

Possibly whoever put the disruption notice together didn't understand the road layout; or maybe the P4 bus driver didn't understand the "disruption route"!

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields