SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Nominate roads for resurfacing
Cllr Sophie Davis
Lewisham Councillor

14-11-2018 05:44 PM

Hello,

Lewisham Council are in the process of identifying roads in need of resurfacing (those in worse condition are given priority).

Your councillors can nominate roads for consideration (the Council will then undertake an assessment to determine whether these roads are indeed a priority). Please assist us by sending roads you’d like to nominate to cllr_sophie.davis@lewisham.gov.uk.

Many thanks,
Cllr Sophie Davis

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cllr Sophie Davis
Lewisham Councillor

06-12-2018 11:31 AM

Hi all,

Thanks to everyone who has emailed me about this.

The roads that received the largest number of nominations were Haredon close and Sydenham rise and we have therefore nominated these roads for assessment. This doesn’t mean that these roads will automatically get re-surfaced but that council officers will now undertake an assessment of their condition and determine whether they are a priority (based on a set of criteria) - the roads that are assessed as being the highest priority get resurfaced first. I will receive updates from officers and pass them on here.

Most of the other roads we received emails about were either (1) already included in officers’ list (eg Sydenham Park) or (2) not in Forest Hill (if that’s the case, I have or will pass your email on to relevant councillors).

This process is repeated regularly and we can of course make representations to officers outside of it, so we will be able to nominate more roads.

Finally, I am following up with officers about pavements, and whether a similar process exists (as our pavements are in dire need of repair!).

Many thanks again to everyone for engaging.

Best,
Cllr Sophie Davis

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields