SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Noise from flat in Shackleton Close
DomLee1987

19-02-2018 09:15 PM

Writing in my capacity as a resident of Shackleton Close - there is one flat that has been playing music (sounds like an Islamic Call to Prayer) every evening without fail, that is getting louder. Has anyone on here heard it or contacted Lewisham Council? I have approached, hoping to ask in a neighbourly way to have it turned down, but that didn't work (door wasn't answered, just got shouted at "Who is it?" from inside!)

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
meshfransoi

19-02-2018 09:46 PM

Hello,
I do not live that street but I have a big sympathy to you. I have been annoyed by a neighbour coming back late nights often and using showers and washing machines or talking and watching TV loudly till late. Recently they installed something vibrating continuously which I complained, and complained to council also.
I would recommend to go to council straight away, especially if music, there is no excuse of domestic noise. However if it happens at night the council noise team would not go there, you just need to give some records as evidence, and they do write a letter to the household. Hope your other neighbours are complaining also.
Noise nuisance can be draining, hope it will be sorted out soon.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields