SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Unneutered cats around Ackroyd Rd
Littlebelka

11-06-2016 08:24 PM

There are three unneutered tom-cats around Ackroyd Rd SE23 area - brown tabby, silver tabby and silver with white socks and bib. They appear very thin.

Does anybody knows if they are owned

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Velvet

13-06-2016 09:42 AM

Hey there Smile I live on Stanstead Road near Travis Perkins.

I've had the brown tabby miaow loudly and pester my girls (they're spayed, no idea why!)
He used to appear at my window, haven't seen him in a while. I had no idea there were three of them!

I got in touch with a cat rescue group about it and they've suggested renting a trap from Cat's Protection League who will also give you voucher(s) for unneutered animals (and this way we can at least check for microchips.)

Can you get them to feed from your hand? I tried to be friendly with the brown one, but he bolted from my back garden before I could get anywhere near him. The rescue group I follow recommended trying to be friendly with him before applying a trap.

Poppy9560

13-06-2016 01:08 PM

I suggest contacting Celia Hammond at Lewisham-they can trap and neuter them - it is excellent to prevent more unwanted kittens coming into the world quite aside from the behaviour issues

Queenofdarts

14-06-2016 03:32 PM

As Poppy9560 says, please phone Celia Hammond Animal Trust in Lewisham (020 8694 6545 - you might need to leave a message on the answerphone).

If they are feral tomcats they might be be trapped, neutered and then returned to the area - it is kitten season at present and the shelter is full to bursting with mums and kittens so they might not be able to take in male cats for rehoming. But just getting them neutered will help to stop more feral kittens being born, as well as their own behavioural issues (fighting, pestering pet cats, spraying etc).

Good luck!

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields