SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Amazing local kid Holly with muscular dystrophy is doing this tomorrow
P1971

16-03-2016 10:23 PM

Amazing local 10yr old kid with #MuscularDystrophy is doing this tomorrow!

Please support & sponsor Holly if you can, she is so determined to do this to help others less fortunate than her.

What an amazing inspirational local kid.

http://my.sportrelief.com/sponsor/hollybarton

Here's her own words

I’m going to do a sponsored swim for sports relief! I hope to swim around 25 lengths of our local pool. This is no ordinary swim, it’s difficult for me because I have Muscular Dystrophy and it’s quite hard to live with and hard to do anything physical. It means I have to have piggy backs or use a wheelchair to get around. Also, I feel some people notice and judge me when I can’t do something simple, like climbing the stairs. This makes me feel embarrassed. But then I feel I want to fight back and do it anyway! I feel that through this sponsored swim I am fighting to change the way some people view me. This is what the money from sport relief does – it helps people like me, it helps people who have to live with difference or illnesses. It makes me sad when I read about children dying from illnesses we can stop, or from children living on the street.
I would not usually be able to swim 25 lengths, and it is going to be hard but it feels to me that, through my sponsored swim, I would be helping loads of people and I feel, with your help, we can make a difference – thank you for all the support I’ve had so far, I know I cannot back out now – I cannot change my mind!
I hope this inspires you to get on the sport relief website and start sponsoring or even raising money too!
Thank you all for supporting me, it really means a lot.
Holly
http://my.sportrelief.com/sponsor/hollybarton

The swim will take place at the Forest Hill Pools on Friday 18 March from 4.00pm onwards. Please feel free to come and cheer me on – it will make it much more fun!

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
P1971

16-03-2016 10:40 PM

Sorry not tomorrow, Friday!

I was a bit to eager to get this out, I hope as many as possible can support her in this very difficult challenge she has set herself.

What an amazing kid!

P1971

16-03-2016 11:13 PM

Even our own Poppy is behind her, please give a little if you can.

She sure deserves our support.

https://mobile.twitter.com/PoppyDrayton/...8616930307

Please give all you can to support this very brave young girl on her sponsored swim for #SportRelief. my.sportrelief.com/sponsor/hollyb… You go Holly!

P1971

18-03-2016 09:18 PM

Holly done this today & even swam an extra length!

What an amazing achievement for a 10yr old & she raised over £2000 Thumbsup

I only got there at the end but it was so nice to hear quite a few of her Eliot Bank School mates were in the pool with her cheering her on. She did take a break after 18 lengths as she was tired but insisted on carrying on.

Quite a few anonymous donations were made over the last few days, so if anyone on here was one of them thanks.

Just found out today another local kid Joel (15yrs) from FH Boys School shaved his head yesterday to raise money for cancer research. I'll post the link when I get it incase anyone wants to support him.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields