SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Anyone know of a shared home for adults with mental health problems in the area
P1971

13-03-2016 05:51 PM

Does anyone know of a shared home or something similar for adults with mental health problems in FH or Sydenham?

I know this is a long shot, but I'm just trying to save myself time on Google incase anyone knows.

The reason I'm asking is because a lady was in my shop today & I just wanted to make contact with whoever her carer is to make sure it's ok for her to be out on her own & pop in again as she said she will. I'd also like to know what her illness is so I'm aware of any topics to avoid or change the conversation if she speaks about certain things.

She was absolutely lovely and not threatening at all. She said she enjoyed spending time at mine today & all my customers were really nice to her & joined in the conversation. As she said she wants to come and visit more often I want to check she's allowed to etc.

Here's a bit more info incase anyone can help but needs to know more.

The lady popped in and asked if I had nice writing, I said I didn't think I did. She then told me she wanted me to write her a shopping list and would I try so I agreed.

When she told me I had to use all the pink paper in her pad (about 8 pages) write shopping list at the top of each page & use a ruler to underline it & number each shopping item up to 100, I explained to her I was happy to do this but would need to serve my customers in between.

She was at mine for about 2 hours, twice said to me she heard bad voices (in her head) but was not aggressive in any way, broke in to song and dance quite a few times telling me Madonna, Five Star, Bros etc were her favourite.

We eventually got through the shopping list and she then asked if we could do it to 200. I explained we wouldn't have time as she had told me she had to be home by 4pm (she did keep asking me to check the time) so after taping together a page that had come loose from the pad (she was worried about this) she happily left and said she would be back to visit soon.

I'm more than happy for her to visit, but just need to know if she's allowed too and also if there's anything I need to be aware of. Like I said she was lovely & not threatening at all. When I asked if she lived with her Mum & Dad she told me they were dead so I quickly changed the subject. When I asked where she lived she said just up the Road.

This is why I'm asking this question, so if anyone can help I'd really appreciate it.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
robwinton

14-03-2016 10:36 AM

I believe there is a building on Agnew Road (also Brockley Rise / Ackroyd Rd) that is a home run by Lewisham Mental Health Services (OneSupport) but I have no idea if this is involved, but it might help?

P1971

14-03-2016 10:14 PM

Thanks so much, I'll check out "One Support"

This post was last modified: 14-03-2016 10:16 PM by P1971.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields