SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Volunteers needed for festive lunches - Christmas Day, Boxing Day & New Year's Day
ekyv

07-12-2015 01:33 PM

Are you looking for something a little bit different to do this Christmas? I am on the lookout for volunteers on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day...

Tommo (a chaplain at Southwark Cathedral in his professional life) has been running festive lunches for years in the Forest Hill / Catford area. They are for local elderly or vulnerable people who may otherwise be spending Christmas on their own and he relies on the help of volunteers to make sure they run smoothly.

The lunches will be held at Christchurch United Reformed Church in Bellingham and approximate shift timings are as follows:

7am - 11 am
10am - 2pm
1pm - 5pm

Tasks include food preparation, setting up tables, serving guests and most importantly chatting to the guests and making them feel welcome.

In particular, we are desperate for minibus drivers on each day to bring guests to the lunches and take them home at the end of the day. Minibuses are provided!

If you think you may be able to give up some time on any of the days, I'd be really grateful if you could let me know, all the volunteers find it a very rewarding and fun experience.

Many thanks

Ellie

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Sydenham Arts Volunteers Needed sydarts 0 2,491 11-03-2016 09:35 AM
Last Post: sydarts
  Volunteers please - Christmas / New Year period Alice 0 3,038 11-11-2013 01:07 PM
Last Post: Alice
  Volunteers needed Frida 0 2,714 07-08-2013 09:02 PM
Last Post: Frida