SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Can anyone please help - seeking Jill / Gill Terry
Woody R

06-11-2015 06:24 PM

I really hope someone here can help me.I am trying to find someone that i lost touch with and have not been able to find for nearly 50 years.
I have tried all options, Facebook, friends reunited, Ancestry websites without any luck.
I am 65 now, so i would really like to find her before time runs out.
Her name is Jill / Gill if i remember rightly, her surname was Terry. The family lived in one of the very large houses in Brockley Rise, i think it was No 93, it was the middle /top flat in the house, it was a couple of houses just before Agnew road.

Jill /Gill had one brother, her Father's name, if i remember rightly, was Fred, he was the Manager of a Tailors shop in Greenwich.

I lived in Ackroyd road, when i first meet her in 1965, i then moved to Bovill road, i last saw her in 1968. I then moved away from the area and completely lost touch with her. I have been trying to find her for years, but up to now, have not had any luck.
I would really love to see her again, as there are things i need to say, before it's to late, things i should have said / wanted to say 50 years ago.

I sincerely hope someone can help, as i am really running out of options to find her now.

Many thanks in advance for any help

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
OakR

06-11-2015 09:57 PM

I can't help you I'm afraid, but you could try searching the electoral roll if you have not already.

Good luck, I hope you find her and it all works out.

P1971

06-11-2015 10:42 PM

Sent a couple of tweets, hope it might help.

Anyone know of a Jill/Gill Terry #ForestHill #SE23 50 yrs ago Dad Fred was #Tailor in #Greenwich anyone please help se23.com/forum/showthre…

Hey @london_mush this might be something you could help with x SE23.com - Can anyone please help se23.com/forum/showthre…

Really hope you find her, best of luck to you.

Woody R

07-11-2015 08:56 AM

Thank you very much for your replies.
P1971, That is very kind of you to do that for me, I really appreciate it, I have got my fingers crossed, that someone my reply.
Many thanks again

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields