SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Petition to Save Rockbourne Youth Club
Jane2

02-09-2015 08:04 AM

I was sent a petition about Rockbourne Youth Club being possibly closed which seems a shame

https://www.change.org/p/rockbourne-yout...m=copylink

My children don't go there yet as they are not old enough but I have always thought it seemed a good place for teenagers to go to. I am not sure of the details of why it's being possibly closed but thought this might be of interest to others. However I also notice that this petition was started 5 months ago so I am not sure if this is old news - I couldn't find anything more up to date.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
lacb

02-09-2015 11:01 AM

Agreed, it does sound like a shame. It seems that it is one of 2 local centres earmarked for closure and that youth services are to be outsourced (from Jan 2015 but most recent reference I could find on Lewisham Council website):
http://www.lewisham.gov.uk/mayorandcounc...gGroup.pdf

Interesting that only Perry Vale ward is to be kept informed about this given that the facilities are surely of equal interest to Crofton Park and Forest Hill. It is hard to make a call on this without knowing what the proposed alternatives are - it seems the centre will remain but just not for youth services but that is just a draft document.

P1971

02-09-2015 12:02 PM

This petition was set up when RYC funding was cut. They managed to get funding for another year to cover the Friday night YC and local police, SNT, and councillors are helping run this. However it is still worth signing the petition as this funding will run out when the year is up.

RYC has been closed over the summer holidays and will start back on Friday 18th September 6 till 9pm.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Rockbourne Youth Club Fundraising Event - Saturday, 4th February Young Lewisham 0 2,543 11-01-2017 04:32 PM
Last Post: Young Lewisham
  The Rockbourne Youth Club Spring Fair - Saturday, 27th February Young Lewisham 1 4,141 26-02-2016 10:39 AM
Last Post: Young Lewisham
  Rockbourne Youth Club Open Event Daisy 0 3,813 03-05-2011 08:59 PM
Last Post: Daisy
  Rockbourne Youth Club roz 3 5,576 27-04-2009 02:12 PM
Last Post: roz