SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Best way to Heathrow T3 from Honor Oak Park
kingkong

23-03-2015 04:21 PM

I have a similar question to Roz's topic "Forest Hill to M4" a few weeks ago.

I have to go to Heathrow airport later this week and I will need to drive. I need to be there for about 9am which means leaving HOP at around 730am.

Please could people share their opinion about what would be the best route to take at that time in the morning, in order to avoid the worst of the rush hour congestion?

i'm thinking up to Vauxhall Bridge using the back roads of Camberwell and Oval (avoiding Oval itself), and then along the embankment to get to the A4 which I assume should be OK because I'll be heading out of town when everybody else is coming in.

Thanks in advance!

KK

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
alisa

23-03-2015 09:26 PM

Google does live mapping (i.e. accounting for traffic - I may have made up that phrase 'live mapping') these days - I'd check it the couple of days before to get an idea, then on the day as well in case there are specific delays.

http://www.se23.blogspot.com/
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Getting to Heathrow by Heathrow Connect davidwhiting 2 4,899 24-03-2015 07:14 PM
Last Post: Gaz