SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »
Lady on underpass steps by W H Smith
Snazy

18-08-2014 12:41 PM

Well spotted and nice one for acting on it Smile

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tomangel

18-08-2014 03:40 PM

I saw her today, She wears a surprisingly smart jacket, but drinks polish lager, presumably having run out of money to buy stella. She is not actually begging (that I've seen) but the police were chatting to her, and i stuck my nose in, to enquire if she might appear to have a mental disorder (and can therefore be assessed) but they said no

Honor man

18-08-2014 03:44 PM

[Offensive comments removed -admin]

tomangel

18-08-2014 04:20 PM

Wow, that's strong.

There are doubtlessly some pretty nasty characters around the station and Darthmouth Rd sometimes, moving between paddy power and the off-licence, and admittedly enjoying the benefit of us working, but I'm not sure they are all scum?

This lady in particular appears very vulnerable, she does not have much street-wisdom and it is very unclear what's happened to bring her onto the streets... She remains on the bench in the shade/shelter of the tree from the post office car park, and the police clearly haven't 'moved her on' or found reason to intervene.

Honor man

18-08-2014 04:25 PM

tomangel

18-08-2014 04:54 PM

She isn't a drug addict. She is far too well nourished for that. Her self-care and clothes are not in keeping with drug addiction. sorry, in this case you're wrong

Honor man

18-08-2014 04:55 PM

tomangel

18-08-2014 05:25 PM

Mr Honor man, how do you know that i have less idea of what I'm talking about than you do, with your sweeping judgements? I'd be intrigued as to what makes you such a superior expert

Mr_Numbers

18-08-2014 06:07 PM

Tomangel, on a completely separate point, it looks like your posting about builders was moved by the moderator to the Offered, Wanted, Lost and Found section.

In that section people can't post replies on the forum itself but they can send you direct (private) messages. It's so that builders' names, phone numbers and comments about them aren't posted on the public part of the forum. It also stops builders themselves replying offering to do your job and getting a free ad for themselves.

Have a look here: http://www.se23.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=10434

tomangel

18-08-2014 06:46 PM

Ah! thank you

tom

nottinghillbilly

18-08-2014 07:16 PM

She seems very un-druggy.
Also clean and appears to keep herself to herself.
I feel for her..but for the grace of god it could be any one of us.
Sometimes life throws s**t at people and they just are unable to cope with it, especially if they have no loved ones to provide a safety net.

tomangel

18-08-2014 07:37 PM

I think Mr Honor will soon prove you wrong. She is NOT druggy at all, as if this is the make or break!

china girl

19-08-2014 09:47 AM

My thoughts exactly, nottinghillbilly - I couldn't have put it better myself!

blushingsnail

24-08-2014 12:39 PM

The response from Street Link at the beginning of last week was that a team had been out a couple of times but she hadn't been there and so they hadn't made contact with her at that point.

Later in the week the Perry Vale SNT confirmed that one of their PCSOs has made regular contact with the lady and that housing agencies are aware of her.

She wasn't on the bench on Thursday and Friday mornings when I passed, so I thought maybe she had gone, but she was there early on Saturday morning and it looked like she had been there all night.

She seems to be on the relevant agencies' radar so we'll just have to hope they can help her.

rshdunlop

27-08-2014 05:06 PM

She's in the underpass now. She made a half-hearted attempt at begging (asking for change) but soon stopped and is just sitting there. Is it worth contacting Street Link again and if so, is there a quick way to log in with the references they already have for her? Or do we just have to leave it to the relevant agencies now?

Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields