The community website for Forest Hill and Honor Oak, London SE23
Events | Features | Forum | Local Books | Contact

Forum Archive
Forest Hill Model Railway Society

Loneranger
Joined 29-10-2005
Posted on Friday, 13 October, 2006 - 08:31 pm:   

Isn't time this was set up?

The Overground thread clearly shows there is an interest in trains. Think of the fun trying out different layouts and configurations for Forest Hill and the ELLX.

A debate on reintroducing 3rd class carriages could take place.

It could incorporate wine and beer tasting sessions. The beer drinkers would be provided with an area where they could put their feet on the chairs and the windows would have no glass.

Meanwhile those going for wine would have leather seats and wifi access.

Thoses wanting foreign beers will of course have to campaign for Eurostar to go via Forest Hill.
Sherwood
Joined 30-03-2005
Posted on Friday, 13 October, 2006 - 10:01 pm:   

I am not sure if there is a budget for this!
Les
Joined 28-01-2004
Posted on Friday, 13 October, 2006 - 11:30 pm:   

I would like the full scale one back through Honor Oak and Lordship Lane - I'm sure there is a demand. Anyone for a slow train to Blackfriars?
Davidwhiting
Joined 07-12-2003
Posted on Saturday, 14 October, 2006 - 08:14 am:   

There must be a Lordship of the Manor for somewhere along the line which the Forest Hill Society could purchase. We could assert the mediaeval seignoral right to set up customs posts, and then collect tolls on passing trains (perhaps 'chemindeferage' along the lines of scuttage, pontage and so on). Network Rail would find this so inconvenient that they would readily agree to fund a deep tube line to Forest Hill and we would all be happy.
Sherwood
Joined 30-03-2005
Posted on Saturday, 14 October, 2006 - 08:56 pm:   

Perhaps we should introduce a congestion charge levied on every train coming through Forest Hill.

Local forums in nearby areas: SE13.com | SE14.com | SE20.com | SE22.com | SE24.com | SE25.com | SE27.com