SE23.com
The community website for Forest Hill and Honor Oak, London SE23
Events | Features | Forum | Local Books | Contact

Forum Archive
Organic Republic

Jalapeno
Joined 13-10-2005
Posted on Monday, 06 February, 2006 - 10:00 am:   

I see that Organic Republic is closed this morning with a sign in the window offering the lease and entire contents for sale...
Hilltopgeneral
Joined 24-03-2004
Posted on Monday, 06 February, 2006 - 10:16 am:   

I'm afraid I don't find this too surprising. I think it is what a marketing type might call a "confused offering". What exactly was it? Restaurant? Shop? Caff? Coffee shop? All or none of the above?
It also suffered from something observed in a numbr of start-up businesses in this area, but which I have not noticed so much elsewhere - the half-hearted (would use another word but this is a family site) effort. This is where rather than make a decent effort in fitting out you spend about half what is needed. This is painfully apparent to your customers. So then the business fails, and the (let's say) 5000 proves to have been totally wasted, where if you had spent 10000 you might have had a thriving business. The ship is spoiled for a ha'p'orth of tar. See also: Latitude, the Mexican place by the Station, etc etc.
Seeformiles
Joined 09-04-2005
Posted on Tuesday, 07 February, 2006 - 12:32 am:   

I agree. I gave it a chance but every time I went in I got a tepid cup of coffee. A big chunk of the menu seemed to be aiming at an evening restaurant crowd but the seating was so uncomfortable I didn't want to stay long enough to try it out.
It's a shame and I don't like to see any business fail but it's not surprising in this case.
Brian
Joined 18-04-2005
Posted on Tuesday, 07 February, 2006 - 02:28 pm:   

What a shame but bit too surprising. As I mentioned before it was closed at 11.00 am Sunday morning just after opening which is a peak time I would say

Local forums in nearby areas: SE13.com | SE14.com | SE20.com | SE22.com | SE24.com | SE25.com | SE27.com