The community website for Forest Hill and Honor Oak, London SE23
Events | Features | Forum | Local Books | Contact

Forum Archive
Pub licencing

Author Message
Joined N/A
Posted on Sunday, 27 April, 2003 - 12:16 am:   

Do any of you clever people know if once a licence for a pub has been granted that is that or does it come under review at any stage?
Like most of Forest Hill, having no option but to go into town to drink in decent watering holes and catch a late train back for the last 15yrs, I'm (for the first time) uneasy about walking in Forest Hill.
Joined N/A
Posted on Monday, 28 April, 2003 - 12:21 am:   


As long as all complaints regarding any licenced premises are logged, the police will present finding at the local brewster sessions.

Basically, what that means, is if you witness or are subject to any disordery behaviour / criminal act in the immediate locality of a licenced premises you must report it.

If it happening NOW, 999, If not, call the Police the following day and make a formal complaint.

Also let the local Home Beat Officer know as well. His contact details are on this site somewhere, I think under features.

You might want to get yourself a personel attack alarm as well. Decent little gadget that fits in your pocket and if you are approached with unwanted behaviour, pull the cord and let off 120 decibells of sonic alarm!

All crime and reports of disorderly conduct in every area are logged.

All logged incidents that can be attributed to the licenced premises will be taken before the sessions.

Hope that helps.
Joined N/A
Posted on Tuesday, 13 April, 2004 - 02:23 pm:   

You can also complain to the council who actually will investigate. This is then logged with the police for when the establishment's license comes up for its annual review.

Local forums in nearby areas: | | | | | |