|Posted on Saturday, 16 April, 2005 - 07:28 am: |
I have received the following information from NTL regarding problems accessing this Website. It involves setting some parameters in Internet Explorer. It is simple to do and seems to solve the problem.
1. Go to the Control Panel
2. Open up 'Internet Options'
3. Click on the 'My Connections' tab, in here you should see the diallers that are configured on your computer.
4. From the list select 'ntl (default)'
5. Click 'Settings'
6. Half way down this screen, under the heading 'Proxy Server', there will be a tick box 'Set Proxy Server for this connection', click in this box.
7. In the address box you will need to enter: 126.96.36.199
8. In the box next to it, 'Port' you will need to enter: 8080
9. Click 'OK'
10. Click 'OK' again on Internet Options.
Now close all your windows, back to your desktop, then reconnect to the Internet as normal.