SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (2): « First [1] 2 Next > Last »
Forum Drinks - 23rd December
michael

18-12-2013 11:52 AM

SE23.com goes real with a visit to an, as yet unspecified, pub on 23rd December (hopefully an easy date to remember based on the forum name). Probably from about 7pm.

Everybody is welcome to come along whether you are the most frequent poster, or have not posted once but enjoy reading about the area.

It would be helpful to confirm if you would be joining us so that we get an idea of how many people are coming, and to encourage others to join you.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
michael

18-12-2013 12:00 PM

From the previous thread:

Cellar Door wrote:
charsiew Wrote:
Please though, in the new year we should try and meet up and others as well of course!

No-one else.

It will just be us.

We will form a little clique and make snide and rude comments about everyone else. Under our breath, of course.

We will be called Team Awesome.

And just to keep it simple everyone else will be in Team Awful.
(You don't wanna be in that team. We all know who they are.)

I'll keep you in the loop, Jon, and in the meantime may I wish you and your housemate a wonderful Christmas and New Year.

alisa Wrote:
I can be in FH about 7pm

Hi Alisa,

That sounds like a good time.

michael Wrote:
Now the difficult question: What pub?

Any is good.

The Moore Park Tavern I think is currently closed for a refit.

The Honor Oak might not be ready in time for 7pm on Monday, 23rd of December 2013.

But plenty of others.

I favour something close to Forest Hill Railway Station. For my own selfish reasons. It is within a stone's throw (and a bit) from my hill dwelling.

The Hob is good. (I will of course check with the lovely Emma and Ron or Asa or Monica.)

Monday night is new comedy upstairs if people get sick of the jokes downstairs.

I see that food is being advertised on their window display starting this month.

Anyone tried it?

Snazy

18-12-2013 01:46 PM

I shall try and make the effort this time, and see how many new enemies and people to avoid I can meet lol Rofl

Duckling

18-12-2013 04:33 PM

Very sadly I wont make it, but I look forward to January drinks

Anotherjohn

18-12-2013 04:40 PM

I'm waiting in the wings!

P1971

18-12-2013 07:28 PM

I'm in TEAM AWESOME. See you at 7 on Monday.
I can't make Burn's night, but can supply Scottish Tablet if needed.

Cellar Door

19-12-2013 07:45 AM

The Hob is looking very good for the SE23.com Massive from 7pm on Monday, 23rd December 2013.

I chit-chatted with one of their great Managers, Monica.

Monica looked in the booking diary and nothing popped out to impede our cunning plan.

Monica said that she will pass on the details to the Guv'nors, Emma and Ron.

So, it looks cool (just for you charsiew!) for us to relax and unwind in their warm and inviting establishment.

nottinghillbilly

19-12-2013 11:28 PM

Will try and get there!Thumbsup

Cellar Door

20-12-2013 06:34 PM

I popped into The Hob yesterday arvo and bumped into Madame Emma, Supreme Guv'nor of all she surveys. Well, at least to The Hob's property boundary.

(A quick correction - Food at The Hob will be making its grand entrance in January 2014 rather than this month as previously mentioned upthread. Many apologies to anyone that got overly excited.)

The good news is that Emma and the rest of The Hob gang (Are they The Hobbits?) will be welcoming us from 7pm on Monday the 23rd of December 2013.

I would love to see many of you there as we gently cruise towards 2014.

Anotherjohn

20-12-2013 07:09 PM

Well done Cellar Door - I'm there!

(It'll bring back some very fond and embarrassing memories of playing there in a band called the F.U's in 1978-79).

P1971

20-12-2013 07:34 PM

Thank's Cellar Door for organising this, do you think we should bring some nibble's along or not?
Some shop keeper's that may be coming will probably be coming straight from work as quite a few of us are opening on Monday as it's Christmas. YES I did say Monday!

Jane_D

21-12-2013 05:34 PM

Sounds brilliant. Will there be a 'guess the SE23.COM moniker' competition?

P1971

21-12-2013 09:40 PM

That sound's great fun Jane D.
Cellar Door can we get a guess who's who quiz on the go?
Fit name's to face's or if you have time post's to poster's, now that would be funny.

Jane_D

22-12-2013 09:13 AM

'Match the Post to the Poster' would be hilarious, Pauline. Everyone who came to the Hob could print one or two of their most typical posts on a piece of paper and bring it with them, then we could put them into a hat, pull them out and try to guess who said what.

There will no doubt be some non-posters coming along, and also some posters would not want to join in, but having more people than posts could make it even more interesting...

Unless people prefer to remain anonymous on the forum, of course.

P1971

22-12-2013 08:19 PM

Jane D I'm sure someone will be able to bring along some technological (big word for me as I don't have a clue) device and can get it all on the go tomorrow. Cellar Door would be great if you had a smart phone and could just read post's at random and we all have to guess who posted them. I've just put myself right in it again as always. See you all tomorrow.

Jane_D

23-12-2013 03:49 PM

Actually Pauline, we are not being overwhelmed by enthusiasm for this project from other forum members, so it may just be you and me matching posts to posters. I am fairly sure who you are, but you are welcome to guess who I am! See you later.

Cellar Door

23-12-2013 03:52 PM

I turn my back for five minutes and there are plans afoot to play guessing games and generally have fun. What is the world coming to, eh?

This does sound like a hoot.

P1971 will be easy to spot as she is last Friday's Cover Girl of the local South London Press. And page 2. It is only time, P1971, that you will be a Page 3 girl.

Isn't the weather picking up? It is beginning to look a lot like winter. I am glad I am not travelling today.

Except to The Hob. I am going to get there a bit before 7pm tonight. I hope Emma has got that fire blazing.

Jane_D

23-12-2013 04:00 PM

Excellent, Cellar Door - we can have a 3-way at least.

Even travelling round the corner to the Hob is starting to look like a challenge, but a worthy one.

michael

23-12-2013 04:10 PM

I'll probably be down at about 7:30pm to make sure Cellar Door is behaving himself.

Cellar Door

23-12-2013 04:48 PM

Jane_D, I know. A few minutes ago the wind was so strong that I thought someone was knocking on my window. I think I will be down at The Hob sooner rather than later. When I get there I will grab one of the tables and make a little sign out of something to say SE23.com Forum Drinkies. Probably, make it out of old beer mats and fag ends. If all goes well.

Michael, if I am not swinging from the chandelier in my underpants with a garland of mistletoe around my head by 7:30pm, then I will be most disappointed in myself.

Pages (2): « First [1] 2 Next > Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields