SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Dartmouth Road attitudes & behaviours
barriedalenick

20-12-2013 03:40 PM

I have lived here (in Cranston Road) for 15 years and have never felt remotely threatened - and I am no shrinking violet when it comes down to it. Dartmouth Road is a bit of a mare for traffic so I wouldn't be surprised if there was the occasional row but I really don't see it in the terms of the title of this thread.
My wife regularly walks back to ours alone from FH station at any time and has also never felt or been threatened.

I can understand that people have different experiences but I do find one or two bit in the original post a bit off - mainly the references to youth.

"youth crowds which gather outside FH station/WHSmiths late at night"/"large groups of youths" - So what? If they are not doing anything wrong then what is the issue although I cant say that I have noticed them myself.

My experience of FH is completely different to the OP. I feel safe here, I feel safe walking around, to me it's a nice, slightly quiet place to live. OK it is not a country village - we are still in London and stuff still goes down but it's all very mild.

There again I did used to live in Tottenham so maybe my expectations are different..

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Dartmouth Road - Attitudes & behaviours stink! - barriedalenick - 20-12-2013 03:40 PM