SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Where do local primary kids go on to, on whole?
pebble

14-03-2013 03:53 PM

HCP is not regimented and not strict. Although they do give out dententions until a child has had so many the school can get rid of them. It's not like the East Dulwich boys school. It's much more relaxed.

HCP was not my first choice. I moved him from ED Boys because he couldn't cope with how strict it was. What a mistake that was! He lost all of the nice subjects like swimming, Spanish, drama, extra DT and the great after-school clubs ED boys run and got more English & maths lessons. My son liked getting involved in stuff at ED Boys but he is just not inspired at HCP and going to school is a means to an end, which is sad because as a parent you ideally want them to go to a school they will find something to love. There is very little in the way of rewards or commendation either.

The biggest problem I can see at HPC is they don't listen to or communicate with parents or children. They answer your calls within a Harris set business time frame but then always have some excuse that they refuse to compromise on. For example, they enter children into GCSE's early without telling the parents and even when they are clearly not going to get an A*. But the government is about to put a stop to schools doing that soon.

Having said all that, when I go to parents' evening I meet lots of enthusiastic and intelligent teachers and my son is making good progress, although I expect his grades would have been much better if he had stayed at ED boys as they have more to prove.

The new Head, I've realised, starts in April not September so I shall be finding out very soon what impact she will have. I hope she will make it more parent friendly.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Where do local primary kids go on to, on whole? - pebble - 14-03-2013 03:53 PM