SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Broadband service / speeds
BleuPeep

31-10-2012 12:03 PM

Both TV and phone parts of our VirginMedia package are rather patchy at the moment. So we are contemplating moving over to Sky.

The thing is, broadband is actually the service we need the most as we both often have to log in to work from home. I know that Sky don't even promise to give broadband speeds like Virgin do, but I wondered if anyone else has any experience of having used them? As well as bandwidth, I was wondering if it was relatively robust or does it often get v e r y s l ooo w at certain times of day etc. etc.?

I tried searching and couldn't see Sky mentioned on any past broadband discussions. I can't imagine no-one is using them at all so any observations much appreciated thank you!

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jgdoherty

31-10-2012 12:52 PM

I have had limited experience with Sky Broadband but where problems have arisen they have been resilient in resolving the issue - although sometimes they have to be pressed.

I do not know if or when they plan to piggy back on BT's FTTP or FTTC services to offer upto 80 and upto 100mbps services for this area.

This link shows customer ratings for Sky and appears up to date.

http://www.kitz.co.uk/isp/ISP_rating.php

Perhaps the most worrying aspect for you may be that the "Reliability" rating appears to fluctuate wildly from bad to good.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Virgin Media broadband speeds dbboy 11 11,654 31-03-2010 01:56 PM
Last Post: Ex FH Pat