SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Camera
admin
Administrator

14-10-2007 10:49 PM

Posts from old forum ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jon14
Joined 27-09-2007
Posted on Thursday, 27 September, 2007 - 10:36 am:

Just seen this on the Sydenham forum. I admit I didn't know this, and
by the looks of it others didn't either. Seems ridiculous.

http://forum.sydenham.org.uk/viewtopic.p...633728ecfa

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kathy_and_dave
Joined 05-07-2006
Posted on Thursday, 27 September, 2007 - 11:02 am:

Thanks for the heads-up - have to admit that I occasionally drive down to Wickes and for the last year or so (since the new signs went in) I have been going right round the gyratory. With a "keep clear" I don't know why people turning right into/out of the store would be a problem, but I am sure that greater minds have been engaged in working this out.

Imagine that this will be doing Wickes' business there no good at all - I have found that it's actually quicker to drive to the store on Blackheath Road.

Ghis
Joined 02-01-2007
Posted on Thursday, 27 September, 2007 - 01:06 pm:

Too late for us last month - ?60 poorer. We never noticed it was a no right turn all the years we have lived here

Baggydave
Joined 19-05-2004
Posted on Thursday, 27 September, 2007 - 01:47 pm:

Well 95% of the postings on this site are not of any great value (beyond a discussion or whinge) and 99.9% of BD's could be classed as such. But what valuable information and more importantly WHY?

'Great minds' get it wrong all the time but this tends to apply to LB of Southwark (although I assume in this case it is TfL

Roz
Joined 17-03-2005
Posted on Thursday, 27 September, 2007 - 09:36 pm:

You can actually turn left out of and right into the Halfords entrance. The no turn sign only applies to the Wickes entrance. If you park on the right hand side of the Halfords car park you can carry most things to your car from Wickes - not sure about trolleys but I can;t remember anything stopping you. Thereby eliminating the problem entirely.

Brian
Joined 18-04-2005
Posted on Monday, 01 October, 2007 - 03:28 pm:

Avoid warehouse stores if possible.
Camera on Stanstead Rd tends to catch drivers turning left onto Sth Circular from Sainsbury's unless they go straight across the bus lane

Baggydave
Joined 19-05-2004
Posted on Monday, 01 October, 2007 - 09:37 pm:

Not a warehouse store it is a builders merchant, but charges a lot less than other builders merchant chains. Talking about shopping locally what happened to my friend Fred who used to run FH DIY? (Now SamBri)?

Halfords is of course a warehouse store, and as Brian says should be avoided at all costs.

Triangle
Joined 08-05-2007
Posted on Tuesday, 02 October, 2007 - 02:36 pm:

Well, while progressing through traffic over Catford bridge this morning, heading towards Stanstead road, I counted three vehicles turning right out of Wickes... So whoever is responsible for the camera must be coining it in.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields