SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Supporting football in the area
Toffeejim

20-12-2007 12:25 AM

Baboonery wrote:
I don't see any comparison at all between believing the estimate of the competent civil authority of the attendance at an event I saw with my own eyes, and believing anything anyone says about something they've never seen, solely because they're wearing a funny hat. But then you're an evertonian, so I'd expect you to be on the side of the fantasists.

Well we're beginning to make some progress at least. You're agreeing that you're happy to accept the word of the local police based only on your belief (rather than any evidence) that they are competent in an area that really has nothing to do with them and because you saw a lot of people on the street one day. You're also becoming increasingly facetious about why people might hold religious beliefs: a sure sign of defensiveness.

Come on Baboonery. You know you want to. Fess up to your crime. You'll feel purer in spirit. But, until then, you remain fixed within my gimlet gaze.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
Supporting football in the area - Admin - 14-10-2007, 11:27 PM
RE: Supporting football in the area - Toffeejim - 20-12-2007 12:25 AM