SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Topic Closed  Post Topic 
Pages (37): « First < Previous 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 Next > Last »
76-78 Honor Oak Park (ex Old Bank)
Tersie

03-10-2011 02:47 PM

Does anyone on this forum know what bank was on this site back in the day? I have done a search but cannot find. Would be interested to know.

Campaign still going strong and snowballing!!! There is some significant interest into turning it into a nice gastro pub if this is opposed. All the more reason to get involved in the campaign!!

saynotodominospizza@gmail.com - email for draft letter opposing planning. Looks like we have until November 7th to put more pressure on them. The planning officer is due to visit the site over next couple of days. Press Photo shoot outside The Old Bank on Thursday at 6.30pm. Be good to see as many people as possible Thumbsup

Find all posts by this user
nitoda

03-10-2011 04:23 PM

I sent in a copy of the template letter to comment on the planning application for the signage (planning application DC/11/78332/X) and, assuming the number is correct, there is good news. I received a reply from lewisham planning stating that the application has been withdrawn.

Bcm

03-10-2011 05:09 PM

Hi nitoda, I am surprised but it would be great if true! Would you be able to paste a copy of the letter you received?

EleanorA

03-10-2011 05:30 PM

Please let it be true!!! And what a perfect gastro pub it would be, with the evening sun and tables outside, bring it on!

BarCar

03-10-2011 05:34 PM

Don't get your hopes up too soon...

If they have withdrawn it's almost certainly to resubmit a different design later. And that reference number is only for the "illuminated signs" application not for the change of use.

nitoda

03-10-2011 06:32 PM

It's a one-liner, stating "Hello,

This application has been withdrawn.

Kind Regards,

Martin Bartholomew
Planning Business Support Officer "

and I agree with others who have posted, this is a battle won, not a war. They have withdrawn this application but it doesn't mean they won't put in another.

Tersie

03-10-2011 08:36 PM

Think this is for the signage NOT the main application!!! Maybe they are swaying away from neon signage due to the high volume of letters going into planning against the building being changed. No doubt another one will go in. Thumbdown

Ruddiger

03-10-2011 10:01 PM

This is confusing - isn't the application number nitoda quotes for the main change of use application rather than the signage?

scully

03-10-2011 10:08 PM

Yes it is but I have seen the original email and it is the reference number for the signage. I have queried this with the planning officer and should have a response tomorrow morning. Will update then

nitoda

03-10-2011 11:01 PM

Oops - sorry, must have copied and pasted the wrong number into the forum post as I have a draft open still for registering a complaint on the main proposal for change of use, but I was waiting for a draft to come from the email address somebody posted. DC/11/78379/FT is the application that has been cancelled.

BarCar

04-10-2011 08:45 AM

It's official, the "illuminated sign" application is now showing as "withdrawn" (http://acolnet.lewisham.gov.uk/LEWIS-XSL...mkey=64414).

The change of use application still stands (http://acolnet.lewisham.gov.uk/LEWIS-XSL...mkey=64364).

I expect them to resubmit.

Hoppityhop

05-10-2011 08:25 AM

i think the real person we should be addressing is a man called Chris Johnson at London & District. They owned the parade for a very short while - all of about a month before selling on various units...

London & District Housing Ltd
No 3 Hampstead West
224 Iverson Road
London NW6 2HX

General enquiries 020 7604 2999
Lettings / management 020 7604 2994
Email info@londonanddistrict.com

or even better still a Mark Smith (50% member of Kersey LLP and 100% shareholder of London & District Housing Ltd )

between these two men - it is there decision as to who comes in. The council will simply go along guidelines regardless of what people say.

my friend had dealings with them and said they were particularly disagreeable types. Perhaps they should come to the Planning Hearing, tho i doubt they have the balls to do so , even tho they are the landlords and it is them , and only them who want a blue chip tenant !

good luck with the protest !

HH

BarCar

05-10-2011 02:33 PM

Domino's are asking for details of "demonstration" tomorrow:

http://twitter.com/#!/Dominos_UK/status/...5881332736

Anybody have details to share with them?

michael

05-10-2011 02:51 PM

Perhaps they are confusing the Forest Hill Society AGM with a demonstration against Dominos.

Everybody is welcome to attend the Forest Hill Society AGM, tomorrow at 7:30pm at the Hob.

Dominos is not specifically on the agenda for tomorrow evening, but there is no reason it should not be discussed amongst other issues relating to the town centres and development (although I don't think we would want it dominating the meeting).

If Dominos are planning to send representatives to the meeting it would be polite for them to let the Forest Hill Society know by email (email@foresthillsociety.com) or on the door.

Tersie

05-10-2011 03:11 PM

Interesting that Dominos know about the campaign. There is not a demonstration as such BUT there is a press photo shoot tomorrow afternoon at 6.30pm for whoever wants to attend!! The more the merrier to get in the picture and to show Dominos they are not wanted!! - The Lewisham Mercury and News Shopper are running a story on this. If someone from Dominos wants to rock up and hear views directly from locals then fine bring it on!!

lacb

06-10-2011 05:54 PM

Will try and make it to press event.

I feel that more people would know about this thread if it wasn't in the Trading Post. I for one, didn't even look in this section until fairly recently, as I thought it was to do with actual commerce - you know, matters related to actually buying and selling things.

This is a rather larger issue than that IMO, all related to how local people want their local parade to look. An SE23 topic surely. Arguably not even commerce related as the shop in question does not exist yet.

Any comments Admin?

Bcm

07-10-2011 08:45 AM

Well done to everyone who came along to support our cause and help out at the photo-shoot last night. Despite the cold weather peopled showed up in impressive numbers and brought banners and placards to highlight their feelings on this matter, including our local councillor. Here are a few photos for those who could not attend!

There was a great feeling of community spirit, with plenty more people joining the group as they passed by. A surprising number of people were still unaware of the application meaning we still have a long way to go to get word out there. Well over 100 new signatures were collected on our new paper petition (the online one has been deemed unacceptable by the Lewisham planning department) and if you have strong feelings on this matter please try and sign your own name as well.

As ever, email saynotodominospizza@gmail.com for full details of how to object!

admin
Administrator

07-10-2011 09:42 AM

Moved to SE23 Topics.

michael

07-10-2011 09:48 AM

Well done BCM and others for getting such a good turnout for the photo.
And well done to admin for moving this thread into the most suitable section.

Tersie

07-10-2011 10:51 AM

Was a brilliant turn out, thanks to everyone Thumbsup Keep an eye out for the story in The Lewisham Mercury and News Shopper. There has now been an estimated 300 letters gone into Lewisham planning. Also there a new petition being circulated (Planning are not accepting the original online version that was set up) we managed to get well over 100 signatures last night which was great!! Councillor Addison came along too to bolster the campaign. She was instrumental in getting road closures in place some years ago in HOP to avoid rat running. She shares our concerns that the arrival of a main Dominos delivery hub would cause massive rat running issues and issues for residents.

For a copy of the petition and draft letter opposing Domino's please email saynotodominospizza@gmail.com

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields