SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Topic Closed  Post Topic 
Pages (37): « First < Previous 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 Next > Last »
76-78 Honor Oak Park (ex Old Bank)
Bcm

12-10-2011 11:41 AM

I rang willmotts and was told the unit is not for sale and is under offer in terms of letting (dominos). He wasnt interested in further discussion, I guess considering it a done deal. The Evening standard are getting involved and are doing a photoshoot today so we shall see about that...

Find all posts by this user
Tinkerbell

12-10-2011 11:47 AM

Do you need any 'supportive locals' to stand in view with a protest sign? I have time today if needed. Thumbsup *gets her "I heart HOP - Domino's a flop" banner ready for action*

admin
Administrator

12-10-2011 04:30 PM

Article in thisislocallondon.co.uk:

http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/news/..._Domino_s/

Tersie

12-10-2011 08:23 PM

UPDATE: Exciting news is that The Evening Standard are covering a story on the campaign, hopefully this will be in tomorrow evenings edition so please keep an eye out for that!!! We also have an article in this weeks South London Press (Page 12) Next week, there will also be articles in The News Shopper AND The Lewisham Mercury.

Well over 300 draft opposition letters have gone into planning. There was an online petition with over 400 names but we were told by Lewisham Planning that this cannot be used as we need peoples full names AND addresses on this. We have a copy of the new petition which is available to sign in HOPSCOTCH, The Fish & Chip Shop and also Express Pizza on the parade, if you have not signed please pop in and sign tomorrow!!!!

Ben Miles, who kickstarted this campaign. Teresa Redmond, Joanne Scully & Simon Peyton along with local Councillors Jackie Addison and John Bowen, are hoping to present petitions to Lewisham Planning on Friday afternoon, again with local press coverage.

Londondrz

13-10-2011 11:11 AM
kingkong

13-10-2011 11:23 AM

I don't think John L has been to HOP for quite some time...... what a shame, he sounds like a wonderful character.

Londondrz

13-10-2011 01:22 PM

I did chuckle at his comment.

Cheeky

13-10-2011 01:33 PM

'Domino's Pizzeria'? Very funny!!!

In response to Bcm's comments about putting money where mouth is, i'd be happy to put up some cash and would expect nothing in return other than my money back. Would spend the same amount in it if it were the right business, ie The Palmerston, Herne Tavern or any Antic venture.

There IS a need for this type of place

hopper

13-10-2011 01:34 PM

Apols if somebody has already replied to this - I did have a look - but does anyone know what the plans are for the Old Tandoori on HOP?

Cheeky

13-10-2011 01:36 PM

...actually, scrub that, if it were the right place, you can keep the money!!!!!

mgmonkey

13-10-2011 01:42 PM

I do recall The Palmerston being one of the first pubs I've ordered in to charge me £4.00 for a pint a couple of years back. Although it is more commonplace now.

I also recall The Herne being a bit pricey also.

If in fantasy HOP parade they were ever to open and charge such prices they wouldn't get my custom.

Antic however are more reasonable.

Baboonery

13-10-2011 06:45 PM

Quote:
I don't think John L has been to HOP for quite some time.

To be fair, I don't think most people on this thread have either Smile

michael

14-10-2011 08:39 AM

The Forest Hill Society has submitted their objection to the planning application. You can read the objection in full at http://www.freewebs.com/foresthill/plann...20bank.pdf

The key concerns that are raised in this objection are:

Quote:
• The loss of a substantial restaurant (A3) use on Honor Oak Parade and the negative impact this will have on the operation and activity of this area.
• The inappropriate change of use of the unit from restaurant (A3) to hot food takeaway (A5) that will change the character of Honor Oak Parade.
• Poor quality signage proposals and changes to the shopfront that are not consistent with the character or appearance of the building or area, and do not conform with the Lewisham shopfront design guide
• Negative impact on a locally important potential heritage asset (as yet undesignated).
• Lack of clarity around moped use and storage.

hopper

14-10-2011 10:50 AM

Thanks to the FHS for a very clear and detailed explanation of the objections.

Incidentally - and I don't have any detailed knowledge of this - as far as I'm aware the new National Planning Policy Framework has a presumption in favour of "sustainable development" unless it conflicts with the existing "local plan". Does anyone know if Lewisham has a "local plan" for HOP? We might be able to use this as supporting evidence if it exists, and depending on the contents.

lacb

14-10-2011 10:54 AM

That is an excellent letter Michael. Well done.

Tersie

14-10-2011 11:31 AM

Thanks Michael, that is great!!

Latest news is that we (Say no to dominos campaigners) along with Councillor Bowen and Councillor Addison are presenting all our petitions to date and press coverage and video evidence of ran running that currently happens to Lewisham Planning this afternoon, it is clear they have been inundated with letters opposing this planning application. I do not think they have ever seen anything being objected so strongly! We are going to continue campaigning and will also look to seek what alternatives there might be. BCM and I will keep people abreast of what is happening on here and also if people send an email to

saynotodominospizza@gmail.com

You can follow us on twitter now too!! @saynotodominospizza

michael

14-10-2011 11:50 AM

The letter was not written by me, but I agree it is a well written letter and compliments many of the other objections that have been well articulated by other residents.

I'm not aware of a local plan for HOP. There are Supplementary Planning Guidelines (2002) for FH town centre but not for HOP. In the language of central government, a local plan would probably include Lewisham's Unitary Development Plan and Core Strategy.

At present HOP is regarded as no more than a local parade, not even a 'local centre' like Crofton Park and Brockley Cross. I tried to argue (on behalf of the Forest Hill Society) as part of the core strategy consultation that HOP should be upgraded due to the increased use of the station and the number of existing shops in the three roads making up the centre. However, I was unable to convince the council officers or the inspector.

As a result shops in HOP have less protection than in local centres or district centres. Although most of the protection is for A1 (retail) units rather than A3 (restaurants). Some other town centres (Forest Hill, Sydenham, New Cross, Deptford, Blackheath, etc) have further protection by being part of conservation areas.

Baboonery

14-10-2011 03:16 PM

If I was a planning officer, I'd be a lot more inclined to give weight to the FHS' considered and well-expressed objections than to other opinions expressed upthread. The frantic, overstated tone of much of the objection has damaged local support as much as it has encouraged it.

I do think the 'anchor' element is overstated - Sainsbury's is the anchor of FH, Somerfield the anchor of ED; the Old Bank, with the best will in the world, is just the first unit on HOP. From one end. It may be impression-forming, but it is wild exaggeration to claim it as the anchor location for the whole parade.

I think too much weight is given to hearsay regarding alternative interest in the site. Nobody knows if anyone was actually interested - it is commonplace in commercial negotiations to claim after the fact that one 'just missed out', particularly if it might improve one's relationship with another party. It is entirely possible that none of the much-lauded pub groups showed the remotest interest in the site.

The strongest argument is the transfer from A3 to A5. Sadly the better arguments in that regard have hitherto been swallowed by misplaced aspirationalism.

hoona

14-10-2011 04:26 PM

Well done Tersie and BCM. Hope it all goes well!Thumbsup

Bcm

14-10-2011 06:14 PM

An excellent letter from the FHS.

Baboonery, I can see your point, but a lot of people feel very passionate about the issue, especially when the proposed site is right on their doorstep. Some overtly emotional posting is - i think - understandable.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields