SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
orange

02-09-2011 11:41 AM

This thread is not to scare people but to make others aware. My friend is still suffering from symptoms caused by the leakeage of the toxic metal outside the veins. That's is a reality.
The website quoted in the thread reports a study done by one of the highest scientists on the subject, contrary to what radiographers and radiologist do not wish to admit. So far no radiographer/radiologist has been taken to court, but only pharmaceutical companies. As MRI scans are becoming more popular, especially among people in the middle age group, the problem is going to explode and there will be more legal cases. Modern medicine and big pharma are causing more problems than ever.
No hospital in London does blood tests on creatinine prior to the scan. There are over 800 cases reported so far with confirmed diagnosis of the NFS disease. The registration is voluntary, but there are several other cases unreported, also deaths and people hospitalised as a consequence of the bad administration of the drug. There are also cases of very severe reactions even with the very safe contrast agent used in London hospitals. No one knows how you react until you have the drug in your veins. This drug is very expensive, why are you wasting our money on something which is only a magnetic highlighter?
regarding the consent the patients give to hospitals, not always these consents are obtained legally as very little information is given on the drug and its toxicity. If you said to someone: Iam going to inject you with lead or arsenic, because that gives me a better picture of your scan, do you think that people would consent to it? I am sure they would think twice before signing the form. Unfortunately radiographers do not say much about the drug, except that you will have a little bit of sneezing afterwards, but they need it for your treatment. You sign the form because you trust them completely. It is only days, months after being exposed to gadolinium that you start to have problems. You phone the hospital and report your strange symptoms and they do not want to know. The only things they tell you is to go back to your GP (who does not know where to start to sort you out). They report every reactions to various agencies, but once that is done, they are out of the equation. That's what happens.
In my case I have had an ultrasound test which reassured me of my situation so I don't need to go for this rubbish. I started the thread to find out if anybody had bad experience, apart from my friend. Google and Internet have become the doctor's worse enemies. Thank God they exist. Patients start to get informed and fight back when things go wrong. Experiences are shared, medical negligences are let in the open.Perhaps this should make the medical professional body think twice and more carefully when administering drugs because the health of a patient is of a paramount importance.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) - orange - 21-07-2011, 01:57 PM
RE: Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) - glo - 21-07-2011, 09:32 PM
RE: Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) - glo - 25-07-2011, 10:36 PM
RE: Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) - orange - 02-09-2011 11:41 AM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  NHS PET-CT Imaging - Public Consultation BJC 0 2,981 29-01-2016 02:40 PM
Last Post: BJC