SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Forest Hill in the Times property section
dartmouth

22-07-2011 10:56 AM

A decent chunk of Dartmouth Road for a start. I am not a snob. I just think it wrong that some businesses fail to take any notice of the impact that their premises have on the local community as a whole. I couldnt care less if it's a pound shop, barbers, nail bar, take away, coffee shop etc. I just have a problem when such businesses create unreasonable amounts of noise and rubbish and act as hubs for anti-social behaviour without seeingly taking any responsibility for it or making any move to solve the problems which some businesses, in part, are responsible for. I strongly believe that a thriving and interesting town centre requires a variety of businessses including some grotty ones. However, if one posts on a forum such as this that it may be nice to see a Pizza Express (for example), I dont think it should inspire some of the responses which have been posted in the past by those who sometimes speak as though they want to keep Forest Hill unchanged in a frozen state, as if it were a negative thing that Forest Hill may move in a direction where the socioeconomic profile of the local community becomes broader and perhaps more varied. A different socioeconomic band of resident is now appearing in Forest Hill due to the improved transport links and it is only right that they may hope for a business to arrive one day which they would regard as a useful and exciting addition (NOT replacement) to the town in which they have invested their hard earned savings.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Forest Hill in the Times property section - dartmouth - 22-07-2011 10:56 AM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  BBC Programme- property management firm operating in Forest Hill roz 2 7,422 04-05-2011 07:13 AM
Last Post: roz