SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
High Paid Council Tennants should be evicted
roz

05-06-2011 02:38 PM

This is however an argument taken out of context and scale. I very much doubt whether there are many people on that salary who are currently living in council accommodation if they can afford alternatives. If you can produce evidence of hundreds of thousands of people doing so I'd like to see it.
This is really just a bash at Bob Crowe I think. The bigger questions should be about enabling more people to access affordable housing and accessing finance for mortgages. The current scenario is that for reasons which are well known to us, mortgage lending is at a low and is extremely expensive to get with admin costs of around £3k. I'm not advocating reckless lending but it is very hard for people on middle incomes generally, who have families and consequently high outgoings, to access alternatives.

This government therefore needs to produce a policy that addresses all these issues before targeting a small group of people and blaming union activists for the nations' ills.

Incidentally, when MIRAS existed it was effectively subsidised by families on Housing benefit.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: High Paid Council Tennants should be evicted - roz - 05-06-2011 02:38 PM