SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
People door knocking offering a roof survey
marthasmum

25-04-2011 04:48 PM

May I offer advice? DON'T OPEN YOUR DOOR to people you don't know. Its that simple; talk through an open window - or a closed one and politely say 'no thanks'. We get people asking for money for various causes and this is how I deal with them. I once got a very persistant girl begging (she said she was my neighbour from up the road and she had no change for the gas meter and her baby was cold. She said if I could give her ten pounds her boyfriend would be back from the cash-point in a minute). I said I couldn't open the door as my cat was on heat and that I didn't have any money. I think I might have been more intimidated if the door was open. I have a feeling her 'boyfriend' was waiting round the corner. Anyway, just do that. It does feel strange at first but you get used to it.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: People door knocking offering a roof survey - marthasmum - 25-04-2011 04:48 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Loft Grant, person knocking door Fhill 2 5,147 21-12-2012 12:38 PM
Last Post: JRW