SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Carnival Against The Cuts, 19th Feb
Merlin

14-02-2011 09:49 AM

I've come back to this a bit late but in answer to your post Brian - Yes, EMA was not available in 'our day' but it is available now and it is the difference between a less affluent/supported young person attend college and further their educational, vocational and social skills. My comment was not that it is being removed as such - it was more about a range of services being removed at once and the detrimental impact this will have.

It would be lovely if all young people had positive parenting experiences (and if all parents had sweet, thoughtful little darlings) but they don't. That is where support services come in - and actually it is a legal requirement to look after minors.
My team are about to be made redundant, hopefully that will swell the number of volunteers available in the DIY state, hopefully FH job centre is now safe to be in?

I believe PSF's post asked if anyone wanted to volunteer to be a steward?

Right, better get off to work while it is still an option Smile we had a flood on Friday and the ceiling came in, really looking forward to being part of the clean up!!

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Carnival Against The Cuts, 19th Feb - Merlin - 14-02-2011 09:49 AM