SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Carnival Against The Cuts, 19th Feb
Poppy9560

13-02-2011 07:43 PM

Brian
OF COURSE in an ideal world 16-21 year olds would be sheltered and supported by the parents -I am lucky to have parents who have supported/loved/cared for me but not everyone is as lucky. The fact is many many people have children who shouldn't but that is no excuse for penalising the poor children who have inadequate parents. Such children should be housed by the council as they are very vulnerable and need showing how to run a home - yes parents should do this but the council is in loco parentis to deprived young people. I would if possible stop people having children they can't afford/can't bring up to be respobsible adults but I know this isn't possible Unsure I would have loved to have had a child but being single didn't - I think every child a wanted child and although I would hopefully have coped as a single parent it can't be easy. I know couples who have children struggle at times - children are hard work and need you 24/7

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Carnival Against The Cuts, 19th Feb - Poppy9560 - 13-02-2011 07:43 PM