SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (4): « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 Next > Last »
Red Ball Marketing aka Hi Marketing / Rockex HP / Bayer Global Group
shzl400

15-04-2011 02:39 PM

Stuart, perhaps the reason that no one on this forum has been caught out (and also often people will not admit to being scammed because of the shame) is that we are all such wonderful, intelligent people Thumbsup that we can spot it a mile off; because those that smell a rat warn others, so that they may not be misled and this is the power of the forum. Spread the word, that no-one should be scammed. Knowledge is Power!!! We also fear for the poor benighted non-forumites who are laid bare to such attempts.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Stuart77

15-04-2011 10:22 PM

Knowledge is power yes. I know that all but one of you did not take the assessment. Therefore you know NOTHING about it. It is still unfair to accuse people of being con men without any proof or evidence other than it seems suspicious. The one person who took it said it was fine.

doris76

16-04-2011 09:18 PM

im not from this area im from bristol,i went for an interview yesterday and got the job without a cv. i was quite happy i got the job and the fact the man told me it was a wage plus O.T andi was asked to come back today for training but when he came to discuss money and bonus etc there was no talk of a set wage and he told me and 2 others that we had to get 36 leads with appointments to get £100.....well this has set alarm bells ringing in my head and im worried that im getting into something i shouldnt.....................my partner says see how it goes for a week or 2..........................can anyone else offer some advice please as i really dont know what to do and i dont want to see my self on tv as being part of a scam

Stuart77

19-04-2011 09:33 AM

If you see what it is then at least you can let us all here know the truth.

honoracorn

19-04-2011 12:47 PM

I don't think you should be encouraging Doris to take the job, Stuart. Even you must see from her post that the terms she is being offered are ridiculous. What percentage of households sign up for an appointment, maybe 1-2% if she's lucky? That means she has to visit at least 3600 households to get paid her £100. At an average of 3 minutes per house, it would take her 10,800 minutes or 180 hours to do the job. That's 180 hours of work for £100. Mmmmm, I don't think that's the minimum wage, even in the developing world.

Let's face it, most reputable building companies are able to get work through recommendation, not by employing door to door salespeople on ridiculous terms. As you say, it doesn't necessarily mean the people going door to door or con artists, however the companies employing them maybe pretty shady.

Jane_D

19-04-2011 06:39 PM

Doris, that contract doesn't sound like a good deal for you at all. If you only sign up 30 appointments, will Red Ball pay you nothing for all, even if takes days of your time?

It may not be a scam exactly, but the way they operate may mean they get a lot of work out of their staff for a very low wage, or none at all.

And why did they say there was a set wage with bonuses, if that wasn't true? Not a good sign!

Good luck whatever you decide.

doris76

19-04-2011 07:19 PM

red bull is andura guard and whoever else they want to call themselves anyone who finds themselves involved with these people and has had the pleasure of reading this............WARNING AVOID AT ALL COSTS

spud

20-04-2011 01:50 PM

Well, if they are Andura Guard, then everybody's misgivings seem to have been well founded:

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaint...27113.html

The link above leads to some interesting reading.

According to this webpage, they've traded under a variety of names including one, Pearl XPS, which has been the subject of a Watchdog investigation.

lovell123

01-05-2011 12:41 PM

hi doris,

I also have an interview with Red Ball LTD in Bristol tomorrow, i'm just writing to you with regards to what you done and where in bristol your interview took place,

look forward to hearing from you

Daniel

ayl2011

05-05-2011 09:39 PM

Hello everyone,
I am from Buckinghamshire and had a visit from the (ginger guy) today and so a couple of my neighbours. Fortunately I was working in my office and a car parked on my drop down ramp with this guy and other (the driver). Five minutes later this guy came out and knocked 5 doors only from the about 20 houses of the street. I cannot say is a scam or so but now a days who knows ... my security cameras captured images from the very first minute to the time they left including a nice one from the (ginger guy). What I do know is all contacted neighbours are in doubt of the purpose of their visit. I will for sure investigate this further to make sure my community / neighbours and my family are safe.
Bayer Global warning:
http://www.bayerglobalgroup.com/images/bayerwarning.pdf

Many thanks
Regards

ayl2011

05-05-2011 09:49 PM

Name & Registered Office:
RED BALL MARKETING LIMITED
QUADRANT HOUSE FLOOR 6
4 THOMAS MORE SQUARE
LONDON
UNITED KINGDOM
E1W 1YW
Company No. 07515758
Date of Incorporation: 03/02/2011

Previous Names:
Date of change: 17/03/2011 Previous Name RED BULL MARKETING LIMITED

Jane

10-05-2011 06:33 PM

We had a visit from a lady representing this company yesterday (Red Ball in fact) - she showed me her ID and told me they had representatives looking at outside walls of pre-war houses as they often needed treatment.
Fortunately I remembered this thread and told her to look at the SE23 forum because her company was clearly not well regarded.
She looked taken aback. After closing the door, two minutes later, her "manager" was there looking a bit aggressive. I repeated, pleasantly, what I had told the young lady.
My husband's bellowing in the background got rid of him but the pleasant patter could easily take in someone so just to be aware that they are in the area.
They appear very plausible.

robin orton

10-05-2011 08:32 PM

My wife had a woman call yesterday as well, offering a wall survey without obligation. Very pleasant and plausible manner apparently. My wife didn't know about this thread (unlike me, she has a life!) so didn't take in the name of the company. She didn't take up the offer, I'm glad to say.

doris76

22-07-2011 09:03 AM

hi lovell sorry for not getting back to you,did you go to the interview? how did it go?

doris76

22-07-2011 09:09 AM

hi people, i dont know wether im pleased to tell you this or not, but theyre up to theyre old trick again......now they are called HI Marketing......so within 4 months they have had 2 names i dont know what to do, should i report them or keep quiet

doris76

22-07-2011 09:12 AM

and ?????????????? your point is?

doris76

22-07-2011 09:14 AM

they are andura guard when i went to work for them they had a kettle and tea,coffee,sugar,biscuit tins with andura guars written all over them.....bit of a coincidence......i think not

stefan

22-07-2011 01:15 PM

Doris, are you talking to yourself or did you forget to use a different screen name to post the and????????? post

doris76

25-07-2011 02:23 PM

no stefan im not talking to myself im replying to messages regarding red ball

Jane_D

25-07-2011 10:42 PM

Hi Doris, did you actually work for Red Ball (or whatever they are called now) or did you just go for the interview and decide to leave it there?

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Marketing emails Snazy 4 6,444 24-12-2012 10:17 PM
Last Post: rshdunlop