SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (4): « First < Previous 1 [2] 3 4 Next > Last »
Red Ball Marketing aka Hi Marketing / Rockex HP / Bayer Global Group
spud

14-03-2011 12:17 PM

...although Perry W's experience forms such a striking contrast to the general tone that there's bound to be some sceptics who will suspect him of being some kind of troll or of having some connection to Red Ball Marketing himself.

Isn't that a terrible indictment of the cynical world in which we live?Rolleyes

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sydenhamcentral

15-03-2011 11:32 PM

So how did you find this thread?
How much was his quote?
Did you do the work?

Sorry, whoever you are, but it's a scam. A stupid amount of money for very little work. Don't fall for it. They came around to my place and I just laughed at them, then they kept calling offering amazing discounts. Utter rubbish.

roz

16-03-2011 12:05 AM

So what exactly happens when you throw a half cup of water at a building?

IWereAbsolutelyFuming

16-03-2011 09:45 AM

The cup breaks

IanofWimbledon

17-03-2011 12:24 AM

I too had a visit from Red Ball Marketing on Monday, although not from the ginger haired man.

I too was left with doubts and a "Certificate of Entitlement" so I did a little digging.

The Bayer Global Group does have a web site: http://www.bayerglobalgroup.com/

The web site address seems to have been registered on 07-Oct-2010 (??):
http://whois.domaintools.com/bayerglobalgroup.com

Companies House agrees that they exist, but lists them as a "Dormant Company" with a Date of Incorporation of 04/08/2009:
http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/664880...ompdetails

The BBA lists a certificate for Resiplex:
"Resiplex is a textured coating for masonry, available in fine and coarse textures and the following range of standard colours: Brick Red English Rose Orchid Waterlily Camelot Harvest Polar White Watermill Cloudbase Honeysuckle Sandstone."
"The product is based on a solution of alkyd resin in hydrocarbon solvent and contains plasticiser, pigments, biocide, extenders and other additives."
but the certificate was only granted in January.

I can find no reference at the BSI to Certificate FM 14830.
http://shop.bsigroup.com/en/SearchResults/?q=14830

Red Ball Marketing is not listed at Companies House.

Their address in London Street, Reading seems to be empty and on the market: http://www.estatesgazette.com/propertyli...359018.htm

Over to you...

chloe199

24-03-2011 06:51 PM

Hi there, i recieved a phone call from a man called "steve cook", he told me that he had recieved my cv as i had replied to a job ad doing market research. ( i write to loads of job ads everyday so i cannot remember doing it). he then asked if i was still interested, i told him i was as he said the money was good. he then asked if i knew anyone else than would like to do it, i told him my boyfriend would. He sent me an email with the time of the interview (tomorrow at ten thirty). he sounded a bit weird to me so i typed the address 106 london street, reading. and it didn't come up with anything only this. i dont want to go to a job interview if there is any risk that it is a scam? could you please help?

thanks

roz

24-03-2011 10:05 PM

I would avoid it like the plague. Of course its a scam.

dipsolala

24-03-2011 10:23 PM

It's a difficult choice in some ways as you, and your boyfriend, obviously want a job. I would be very dubious of the actual job but the chance of an interview is difficult to turn down, and I have experienced the dilemma.
It doesn't seem to be that good to be true to me, given the details above, and if it is the same company.
If you feel you should turn it down, and that's your choice, remember he has your personal details from your CV. So I would be polite, not mention scams and infer you have another job or something. As hard as that may be.
Or go, and be very detailed about what he actually expects you to do, the hours, how you will be paid ie salary or commission or combination, the details of the employment contract etc etc

good wishes

roz

24-03-2011 11:20 PM

Sorry, but I don't think any woman should go off to a job interview in another town with some man who shes does not know and about the job she knows very little. There have been a number of sad stories about people who have been, well, kidnapped in this way. There are bad people out there who try and get our confidence and then abuse it. Please be careful and if you must go, take someone with you, but please do some more research on the company before you go.

dipsolala

24-03-2011 11:32 PM

Not sure why you're apologising Roz, everyone has a different perspective, which is a good thing.

It's really up to you Chloe to make a choice, I just hope we have all helped in our own way to give you more information.

Take care

chloe199

25-03-2011 12:24 AM

thankyou all for your comments, i have tried doing research on the company but they don't even have a website which is a bit strange and my mum has spoken to someone that works down that road and she told her that the office has been closed down for a while so i think i will give it a miss.

just thought i would let you no incase you have the same problem. Thanks for your help Smile

honoracorn

26-03-2011 09:28 AM

Someone from Red Ball was doing the rounds in HOP last week. Unfortunately it wasn't the ginger guy, but a smart black guy in his 20's. He was pleasant enough, and when I said I wasn't interested he went in his way without any fuss.

Stuart77

14-04-2011 11:15 AM

Hello
I have to ask, just how many of you got robbed? how many of you have lost any money in this so called "scam"? zero right?
Sounds like a bit of a pathetic conspiracy theory to me initiated by a few half-wits.

Cellar Door

14-04-2011 11:20 AM

Hello Stuart77,

You've made me smile because I think you might be the ginger guy. If not, then why did you go to the bother of signing up and posting a reply?

Stuart77

14-04-2011 11:28 AM

I can assure you I am not "the ginger guy"
I signed up because this sort of thing makes me angry. I have worked a door to door job before and it is very often that you get accused of being a con man! You forget that it is people's jobs to knock on your door and that they don't do it for fun or to try and annoy you. These people are at work exactly the same as when you go to work. These people are exactly the same as you but you treat them with a level of hostility which is entirely unjustified given that you know nothing about them.

Jane_D

14-04-2011 11:42 AM

I agree that knocking from door to door must be a very frustrating and often unpleasant job, much like telesales, and that it is unfair for householders to attack people who are just doing their job, probably for low pay.

But I think the level of hostility towards Red Ball on this forum is more due to the fact that Red Ball don't seem to be a properly established company, and that there are an awful lot of building-related companies around that initally offer a free survey then overcharge for a poor job or even a job that doesn't really need doing. Also several people found the 'ginger haired guy's' attitude threatening.

I'm wary of companies who introduce themselves in this way because the two times I've accepted their offer, I've been overcharged for very poor work. I tend to assume now that good builders usually get personal recommednations and are booked up some time in advance, so they don't need to resort to knocking on doors.

Cellar Door

14-04-2011 11:57 AM

Stuart77 wrote:
I can assure you I am not "the ginger guy"

My humble apologies, Stuart77.

Lovely post there Jane_D.

mgmonkey

14-04-2011 06:29 PM

I think in this day and age the concept of cold calling whether at your door or by telephone is NEVER welcome by very many people.

Things have changed.

Stuart77

15-04-2011 09:19 AM

I would still ask the same question, just how many of you lost anything in this scam?

Jane_D

15-04-2011 11:08 AM

Nobody on this thread has given the Red Ball people any money, Stuart, so nobody has lost any.

Various posters have expressed irritation at the sales tecniques used, and suspicions based on the fact that there doesn't seem to be a company registration for them, or a website, which is unusual nowadays.

My impression reading back is that this thread is more about uneasiness and a wish not to get involved with the company, rather than any specific accusation.

Do you feel that it is wrong to share such thoughts in a forum like this?

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Marketing emails Snazy 4 6,440 24-12-2012 10:17 PM
Last Post: rshdunlop