SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Air Ambulance in Forest Hill
Snazy

17-10-2010 02:21 PM

Gone2kent, I appreciate what you are saying, and indeed it was chaos. I don't know that the pcso's could have done much more. The cordon set up was enforced by police officers, and from old stansted rd up to london road. Given the apparent severity of incident, it was indeed necessary to enforce a complete closure to keep the accident scene as it was at the time of the accident to allow an effective investigation. As irritating it must have been, I don't think too much more could be done.
One thing is would criticise was the knowledge of the pcso, in being unable to direct pedestrians up Devonshire to pass the scene, rather than through the subway. Other than that it was very sad and unfortunate. Shame on the pedestrians moaning and complaining when it was clear what was happening.

Blak Rose, as has been pointed out, and as i said under the image is it NOT the person being treated. The air ambulance tech came out of the ambulance I assume to prep for whatever they planned on doing to the patient when removed from the ambulance. He is kneeling with his large back pack unfolded getting lots of equipment out, before he went back inside the ambulance.
I appreciate your concerns and sentiment, but rest assured while I like to take pictures of many things, and share them, I have a little taste and some morals too Smile
Sorry for any shock the pic caused you, glad you know it's not a person now. Thumbup

All in all this was a major incident, and a very sad one. In a very unfortunate place and time of day. There was a very large attendance of Met officers and paramedics, and given the situation it was dealt with very well.
The fact there was an event on at the crystal halls with badly parked cars, road works making Perry vale one way (which people were ignoring) made matters worse.
Setting up a temp diversion would have been very difficult.

I wish the victim well, and hope this is the end of incidents on this stretch of road for a long time.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
Air Ambulance in Forest Hill - Londondrz - 16-10-2010, 04:38 PM
RE: Air Ambulance in Forest Hill - JoG - 16-10-2010, 09:58 PM
RE: Air Ambulance in Forest Hill - Snazy - 16-10-2010, 11:15 PM
RE: Air Ambulance in Forest Hill - sandy - 17-10-2010, 01:44 PM
RE: Air Ambulance in Forest Hill - Snazy - 17-10-2010 02:21 PM
RE: Helicopter and Police in HOP - chrispy - 16-10-2010, 05:00 PM
RE: Helicopter and Police in HOP - admin - 16-10-2010, 05:25 PM
RE: Helicopter and Police in HOP - JoG - 16-10-2010, 06:33 PM
RE: Helicopter and Police in HOP - Snazy - 16-10-2010, 07:15 PM
RE: Helicopter and Police in HOP - Snazy - 16-10-2010, 07:24 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Air ambulance landing in Forest Hill nottinghillbilly 21 24,185 10-12-2011 08:14 PM
Last Post: Snazy