SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Trust A Tory - Your Having A Bubble
Snazy

18-05-2010 12:33 PM

Perryman, SPEC's was first rolled out in Nottingham in 2000. On central roads, and was in fact SO effective, that they had to sell the system 2 years later as they were not generating enough revenue from the camera's to keep them in place.

It can in fact be used on any road on which speed is a problem, very much like Gatso's. However it is effective from the first camera to the last, unlike Gatso which has a very short effective range.

My point is not that camera's are in any way unfair, or that drivers should be able to speed around. But more that if we are going to use money to fund such systems, that they be more effective, ans reduce the speed of the drivers on the roads around schools, parks etc. Even if a mobile version could be arranged.

On the flip side, having been knocked down, not once, but twice in my life (as a child) I can honestly say neither time was the drivers fault, and both times I walked straight out from between cars. So I feel I am in a strong position to say that pedestrians play their role in road safety.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Trust A Tory - Your Having A Bubble - Snazy - 18-05-2010 12:33 PM