SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Trust A Tory - Your Having A Bubble
jon14

17-05-2010 12:07 PM

Roz wrote:
PS It is early days for this new government and whilst I despair about a) their general lack of experience , b)George Osborne (generally) and c) the general priorities of a Tory government, I don't really want to see the UK go down the pan so would actually like to see them getting the books to balance. But lets not start having a go at the unemployed, the ranks of whom are increasing and will doubtless do so further before the end of this parliament.

Gordon Brown has the most experience of any chancellor under his belt and this mess is by and large his creation!

I don't think people are having a go at the unemployed - rather those who don't even sign on because they can't be bothered because they get more money living off benefits. In some ways you can't blame them - who would work when you get less money than not going to work? It's a fault of the benefit system more often than not.

I'm sure 99% of people on here would be sympathetic to your case Roz.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Trust A Tory - Your Having A Bubble - jon14 - 17-05-2010 12:07 PM