SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Cable Providers
ohyeahkitten

23-12-2007 04:29 PM

Hi, I'm moving to FH this week. I know there are cable lines on my street, but how do I find out which company I contact to get cable? I want a Sky package, but can't have a dish b/c it's a conservation area. I also want broadband. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
robwinton

23-12-2007 07:43 PM

I think you'll find it is all Virgin around here (fnar!), but we use HomeChoice - like cable but using "on demand" video over the telephone line, including broadband internet. You only need to have a BT line.

Not sure if you can get the sky packages

Sherwood

23-12-2007 10:34 PM

This is the link for Virgin Cable:

http://www.broadband-finder.co.uk/broadb...gin-media/

Enter your postcode to see if you can get cable.

nevermodern

29-12-2007 09:29 PM

Yes, Virgin is the only cable company now. The problem with Virgin, though, is that you can't get SkyOne on it, although you can get the Sky sports and movie channels. Homechoice is now called Tiscali TV and gets good reviews for tv through the phoneline. There's also BTVision as a similar option - you can get Sky through both Tiscali and BTVision. You can get broadband with all these options. Good luck Smile

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields