SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Planning: Nursery at Liphook Crescent
ladywotlunches

09-03-2012 01:18 PM

In a word - horrible. Whilst Piplings did at last get a chance to talk to the community, and the fact of the vote got c200 people in a room (which is unheard of for anything other than the fireworks to get that many neighbours together, so one good thing). It was obvious that residents with young families found the timing of the meeting difficult, being so near to children's bedtimes, and whilst some did come, it was later.

But I felt there was a real sense of 'rent-a-mob' on the side of the objectors - jeering, sneering and generally being unpleasant. And some of the key players in all this, who I've never seen before, despite going to the nursery regularly, are shockingly angry and vicious people.

Many who attended do feel supportive to the nursery, and sat quietly and listened to what all parties had to say.

The vote was a confusion of the whole meeting really. The subject voted upon didn't relate to what had been discussed. I never expected the committee to lose the vote of confidence (especially with the persuasive previso that if they did they would all resign). But what I trust is that the whole business has made the committee reflect on its mandate, on quite how one-sided it should be in disputes between neighbours, and perhaps, just perhaps, we will see some more fresh faces as officers come the AGM in the summer.

I hope this review of proceedings helps. I'm sure there are other views, but this is how I felt about the whole thing.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Planning Application: Nursery at Liphook Crescent - ladywotlunches - 09-03-2012 01:18 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Liphook Crescent Jon Lloyd 5 8,075 18-03-2009 11:11 AM
Last Post: Alison