SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Planning: Nursery at Liphook Crescent
IWereAbsolutelyFuming

09-02-2012 10:35 AM

To add to the above, Sherwood makes a good point about these sorts of services being wanted and needed but people being unwilling to have them close to them. On one level this is understandable but I think what many of us who support Piplings cannot understand is quite what the impact of the nursery is. There have been high-level statements about parking over driveways and noise but these haven't been quantified or described in detail. Are cars left parked over driveways all day or is it just for 10 minutes (as someone who 'suffers' this myself I know it has annoyed me numerous times but in 9 years I think there have only been two occasions when it has prevented us moving our car)? It's something that shouldn't happen but it is (a) something that is easily dealt with and (b) isn't really that big a deal...even to a grump like me. What level of noise is there? Is it purely from kids in the garden or does it escape the house too? The nursery is only allowed to use the garden for 4 hours in every 24 so outside noise cant be that big a deal and if noise is escaping the house there are ways to deal with that too (and ways that are far cheaper than having to spend £70k in legal fees).

We hear a lot about the community spirit in the TLE but there doesn't seem to be much of it in this case.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Planning Application: Nursery at Liphook Crescent - IWereAbsolutelyFuming - 09-02-2012 10:35 AM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Liphook Crescent Jon Lloyd 5 8,106 18-03-2009 11:11 AM
Last Post: Alison