SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Planning: Nursery at Liphook Crescent
roz

02-02-2012 11:46 PM

The thing about these 24 children, screaming or not,( I know now and again they inexplicably increase to 30) is that I am not clear whether they are actually all present at any one time. The number of children attending any childcare setting in practice will depend on their ages and staff to child ratio. A nursery may have approval to cater for 24 children, but in practice may choose to have less. Costs and charges for younger kids are less and tend to drop proportionately with age. If there are many younger children then there are likely to be less overall. My childrens nursery ( not here) has a specified number of places but does not fill them to capacity as there are fine lines of staff ratio, cost/charges, and staff presence to cater for. My childrens nursery actually chooses to have a quieter day for training and cleaning etc. Few places I think can operate at full capacity all of the time. In addition not all children turn up all of the time in any setting- many will be away during school holidays if they have older siblings, some will be ill, and others off for other reasons.

Finally, I have I believe asked so many times now for details of the actual nuisance being inflicted on the local community. Still, no answer has been given. Lots of conjecture, and maybe this and maybe that, and lots of hysteria, smoke and mirrors from the opponents of the nursery, but again, no firm facts of 'disturbance.'

I wonder why that is.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Planning Application: Nursery at Liphook Crescent - roz - 02-02-2012 11:46 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Liphook Crescent Jon Lloyd 5 8,107 18-03-2009 11:11 AM
Last Post: Alison