SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Planning: Nursery at Liphook Crescent
sandy

27-01-2012 12:02 AM

"The best way to make house prices wobble is for a community to take the sort of disruptive action that has happened here. Nothing loses sales and depresses values more than the lack of goodwill, neighbour tension, and reports of people harassing visiting children. " and your evidence for this is...?

As a disinterested observer, I find the vitriol and generalisations aimed at protestors quite shocking. How objecting to a particular use of property can necessarily be translated into child hating beats me and as an approaching 60 year old I am disturbed by some of the ageist comments being expressed. If the objectors were not of a certain age, what would the accusations be?

I don't have children and therefore in the eyes of some I probably have no right to an opinion on the matter, but surely an attempt to understand the 'opposition's' views might be considered?

Anecdotally, in my experience (I am of course not generalising), when a neighbour initiates some development that disturbs the status quo (more often related to building works) emotions run high and relations can be soured. I speak from both sides of such events.

In close urban environments, there will always be compromises and we all (whatever our ages) should be considered and considerate, but then I will probably be labelled an idiot or (worse) a woolly liberal.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Planning Application: Nursery at Liphook Crescent - sandy - 27-01-2012 12:02 AM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Liphook Crescent Jon Lloyd 5 8,106 18-03-2009 11:11 AM
Last Post: Alison