SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Planning: Nursery at Liphook Crescent
STB76

26-01-2012 08:08 PM

Gingernuts, your comments alone are enough to put me off. I lived next door to a large school for several years and didn't experience anywhere near the disruption or inconvenience you are ascribing to a small nursery. I went into the nursery. There were fewer than 20 children there, a fair proportion of which were babies who were therefore rarely in the garden.

Can't you see that the way you are describing the nursery makes it sound like a place where people with children would be wary to live? If my children each have a friend round to play, that's six kids in the garden making a noise-probably the same number as Piplings had at any one time. So why wouldn't I worry that someone might complain about them?

I personally would never object to a nursery next door to me. I currently live near a hostel which has never caused the slightest trouble. I would be very surprised if the nursery I saw in action affected house prices in any way.

Thanks to others for your replies. We are thinking carefully about this move. And I am embarrassed at my misplaced apostrophe.

This post was last modified: 26-01-2012 08:17 PM by STB76.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Planning Application: Nursery at Liphook Crescent - STB76 - 26-01-2012 08:08 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Liphook Crescent Jon Lloyd 5 8,118 18-03-2009 11:11 AM
Last Post: Alison