SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Planning: Nursery at Liphook Crescent
trumpetdaddy

25-01-2012 02:55 PM

I echo the comments of hoona. I wonder if we could look at the slightly larger picture, and that is of a shortage of good Nurseries in Forest Hill and bordering areas. We live in East Dulwich and when my wife was expecting, we searched hard for a good Nursery. We looked around about 15-20 of them, but quickly realised that the few good Nurseries in Forest Hill and bordering areas had closed their waiting lists 'for the foreseeable future.' We joined some other waiting lists, yet we surprised at the poor levels of care, and so we strongly considered a move from the area. It was clear that the other Nurseries we saw had either unmotivated workers looking after bored-looking children, or small rooms full of children, or nearly no outdoor space, or a weekly diet of frozen food 'burgers for lunch'. Through word of mouth, we found out about the 'amazing' Piplins Nursery. Their wonderful detached home and family approach is the way all Nurseries should be run. Due to their depth of skills and experience they have created something beyond Montessouri and other modern concepts in child development....Perhaps one day people will be buying a book published by them entitled 'How to create the most blissful Nursery'. The people that run it are warm, clever people. Our son loves going there, it's difficult to drag him away at times, and is developing quickly into a wonderfully rounded little man, and full of confidence.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Planning Application: Nursery at Liphook Crescent - trumpetdaddy - 25-01-2012 02:55 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Liphook Crescent Jon Lloyd 5 8,106 18-03-2009 11:11 AM
Last Post: Alison