SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Hexagon Timebank Relaunch - 23 Jan
FHSoc

15-01-2010 07:17 PM

I have just received notice of the following event:

Hexagon Timebank presents

My Time Your Time relaunch.

Neighbours helping neighbours
Every hour you spend helping somenone you are entitled to an hour's help in return.

Saturday 23 January 2010
The Bridge Leisure Centre Function Room
Kangley Bridge Road, Lower Sydenham. SE26 5AQ

10:30AM - 1 PM (Hot Lunch Providsed)

Andre Peters wrote:
My name is Andre Peters and I work for Hexagon Housing Association. I am the currently running a volunteer programme called My Time Your Time. We currently have members of all ages and backgrounds.

The areas we cover are East Dulwich, Sydenham and Forest Hill. My Time your Time is a Time Bank which is used as a community development tool. The Time bank operates by members volunteering their skills and time which earns them time credits. 1 hour = 1 time credit.

An example of this could be John helping another member with their garden. In return John will earn a time credit and the other member would spend a time credit to receive the help. Skills and time exchanges could be a wide variety of things dependant on member?s abilities.

Members can spend their credits on activities put on by other Time Bank members such as Jewellery making, Fresh Air Walks, DIY workshops, Cookery classes and much more. We encourage family learning and activities for all members.

We are currently re-launching My Time Your Time on Saturday 23rd January 2010. This is because we are changing the geographical area to above mentioned areas and are looking to recruit local community members of all ages.

I have attached the flyer which I would like to use to promote the event and hope that you will support me by circulating to organisation community groups and individuals that you think will be interested

Please don?t hesitate to contact me on the details below for any further information.

Thanking you in advance

Andre Peters
Community Investment Officer
Hexagon Housing Association

Direct line: 0208 768 7910
Mobile : 07771 871 485

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields