SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Linda Barker and Other Celeb Types in the Area
lillam

02-02-2008 07:25 PM

Also, this one:

Quote:
Part of the Transpontine mission is to document the various byways of music in South London. In this spirit, and courtesy of Graham Burnett's 'Anarcho-punk archives', we bring you this treasure from Forest Hill, circa 1985.

The teepee belonged to Steve Ignorant of anarcho-punk legends Crass, and was in the garden of the house where members of fellow punk pacifists Flux of Pink Indians lived. Flux put out their first (and in my view best) LP, 'Strive to Survive Causing Least Suffering Possible' in 1982. I even had the All the Arms we Need' poster from this on my bedsit wall.

Derek Birkett of the band later formed One Little Indian records, putting out lots of cool stuff by Bjork, Alabama 3, Kitchens of Distinction and many others.

In fact, Bjork was interviewed at the Forest Hill One Little Indian HQ for Sounds in 1987 (read it here), when she was still in the Sugarcubes.

http://transpont.blogspot.com/2005/05/st...least.html

I would love to know where the One Little Indian HQ was in FH, but Im a bit nerdy like that...

On the subject of record companies in Forest HIll, Fashion REcords (a UK reggae label) used to run out of an industrial unit, opposite the back of Shannons Garden Centre, whilst Hopsital records (a leading jazzy drum and bass label) still have their offices up the top of Dartmouth Road (technicaly SE26, but close enough).

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Linda Barker and other celeb types in the area - lillam - 02-02-2008 07:25 PM