SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Robert Napper and local police investigation
roz

18-12-2008 11:58 PM

Today a man Robert Napper was convicted for the murder of Rachel Nickell many years ago on Wimbledon Common. Robert Napper had strong links with SE London and had been investigated for a series of rapes and murders in the area.

Is this the high profile case that resulted in a lot of police activity and investigations in the Honor Oak and Forest Hill areas earlier on this year and which was discussed at length on this very website?
At the time I understood from police that the matter was related to a very well publicised case. I can't think of any more well known that this one.

Any views?

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tersie

19-12-2008 08:10 AM

The activity earlier this year was related to operation minstead - see links below - This scumbag is still on the loose so here is hoping and praying he is caught very soon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minstead_Rapist

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2008/jun/06/ukcrime

roz

19-12-2008 10:23 AM

Thanks for this Tersie- seems I was on the wrong track. Yes, hopefully this person will be caught soon. I have an elderly friend in Perry Vale who has managed to fend off a couple of odd people who tried to enter her flat so would be concerned for her.
Was Minstead on Crimewatch recently? I recall something in Penge where the guy got his potential victim to make him tea; she managed to escape in time.

Tersie

19-12-2008 11:34 AM

Yes I think it has been on crimewatch over the years - he has strong links apparently to the Honor Oak / SE23 area - the scumbag attacks the elderly and then lies dormant for sometime only to pop up and reoffend. Has been going on for many years. I have been asked by the police to describe who my neighbours are and who I know in the street etc - I still see the same officers in my road and the surrounding area from time to time.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The Future Role of our local Police Community Support Officers P1971 22 20,114 17-12-2015 01:03 PM
Last Post: Londondrz