SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (4): « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] Last »
Ignore List
OakR

26-09-2016 10:36 PM

In all fairness to Admin, with regards to the thread I'd started that got deleted, I did get a message from Admin with an explanation.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Foxtrot

07-10-2016 09:37 PM

Glad to hear P1971 (aka Pauline of Sugar Mountain) has gone. Her spiteful comments and vitriol against local residents and businesses will certainly not be missed. Good riddance.

This post was last modified: 07-10-2016 09:38 PM by Foxtrot.

Londondrz

07-10-2016 09:44 PM

Foxtrot, I would suggest that if you had ever met her and actually know about the huge amount of work she does for the community then you may well not post what you have. Tell me, what have you done for the community recently?

Foxtrot

07-10-2016 10:14 PM

Ah yes, the very same person who posted the following "for the community":

Mudslinging about her competitor Il Mirto:
http://www.se23.com/forum/showthread.php...9#pid70109

Mudslinging about Doopo Doopo:
http://www.se23.com/forum/showthread.php...2#pid70302

Trading insults with the aforementioned crassbelch:
http://www.se23.com/forum/showthread.php...7#pid72157

Londondrz

08-10-2016 09:50 AM

Foxtrot, 8 posts and you know it all. Remove the mask and let's see who you are.

Azira

08-10-2016 01:24 PM

I think the reference to Pauline having an issue with Foxy No Forriners and the username might be a giveaway....

Perryman

08-10-2016 05:11 PM

... but P1971 lives in Foxy's den where everyone knows each other and are good friends.
I doubt they have fallen out quite yet, but I'm warming to P1971 all the same, and I'm taking her off my ignore list.

Mr_Numbers

09-10-2016 11:06 AM

I knew nothing about any moderation problems with this site and postings being deleted until I read this thread just now. Some of these problems were vaguely alluded to on the other site but never explained in detail. Point being, from my perspective, the other site certainly didn't appear to be set up as a way of taking revenge or potshots at this site.

Moderation on the other site is in the hands of a number of people, which to my mind makes it a little less autocratic than can be the case when there is a single moderator. I find that somewhat reassuring.

I've traded political blows with the other person on this site. I've voted 'blue' for decades but his particular brand of politics I found extremely unpleasant. He knows that. Whether, as he says, he's learned his lesson or it's just convenient to moderate his tone now, I don't know. What I do know is that the moderators make sure that any political stuff gets swept into a politics thread, which you have to opt into - not so you can be vetted, but so you can surf the site without bumping into blood pressure-raising postings. I steer clear of that thread, frankly.

As for P1971, she is, as she has often said, someone who says it like she sees it. I've given her free advice about the laws of defamation and I think she appreciates that we all have to be careful on social media. It's not just The Sun or Private Eye that can get sued.

I absolutely must add, however: look at how much work Pauline does for the community. The project to keep Forest Hill Library going when the council has felt it necessary to cut it loose is absolutely remarkable. Read their crowdfunder and see what financial burdens they're taking on - it involves a hell of a lot more than organising roster of volunteers. Pauline and others, in particular Michael, are doing the sort of work that gets MBEs. We should all be immensely grateful.

Finally, I admit I didn't quite see the point of the new site. I didn't see any problem with this one, though obviously the technology is looking pretty dated, now. But the openness and friendliness of the people taking part elsewhere made me think it was like drinking with your friends in a familiar old pub, and then a lot of them say, "Let's go try that new wine bar down the road!" You can stay in the boozer or you can go with your friends. So far, I'm going with my friends (though I've never actually 'met' any of them!). But I'm sure I'll come back here, if only to let Robin Orton and everyone else on the 'English usage' thread know the latest in American management drivel I've picked up.

Londondrz

10-10-2016 09:11 AM

Thank you Mr_Numbers. I think we should all just move on. This is an old topic and not sure why it was dredged up. The other person has gone and quiet should be allowed to return to SE23.com.

Erekose

09-12-2016 11:48 PM

I joined the other Forum (out of curiosity only) and have to say it feels brighter and brasher than this one.

Pages (4): « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields