SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
On a light note if you are doing your tax return like me,.
P1971

21-01-2016 03:43 PM

This is something that baffles me!

Quite often I see people pulling up outside my shop in decent cars that look new or newish to me (although I must admit I don't know much about cars), going in to the job centre across the road and coming back about 20-30 mins later. I'm assuming they must be signing on because if they were working there or having a meeting I'm sure it would take longer than this.

If this is the case what puzzles me is how they can afford to pay for and run (insurance, car tax etc) a decent car if they are not working...

I also often wonder why a lot of people going in to the job centre can afford the latest fashionable clothes & trainers which I know are expensive...

Okay some might have just lost their jobs, but surely not the amount I've seen otherwise I must be from another planet Unsure

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: On a light note if you are doing your tax return like me,. - P1971 - 21-01-2016 03:43 PM