SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Rail Travel Vouchers
lacb

02-09-2015 02:24 PM

Ok, so have managed to extract vouchers from Southern for delayed journey. Can't use them online so would prefer to redeem for cash. According to Southern website, this is possible at a Southern ticket office. Had glibly assumed that Honor Oak Park was one of those (yes I know it is managed by LOROL) but apparently not. So, anyone know of a local one, Crofton Park perhaps?

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
lacb

02-09-2015 04:01 PM

Had another thought. The vouchers can be used for an Oyster topup and London Overground will do this. Only snag is the bar code reader, which is needed to process the vouchers, at Honor Oak Park doesn't work (and hasn't done so since January am told).

Hope this conversation with myself helps someone.

appetite4

03-09-2015 11:29 AM

Thanks, that is useful. I was unaware of the oyster top up option but will use that from now on.

rbmartin

07-09-2015 11:02 AM

Try Forest Hill for redeeming vouchers for Oyster. I've done this on a regular basis for Delay Repay refunds.

The nearest Southern stations are East Dulwich, North Dulwich and Peckham Rye.

This post was last modified: 07-09-2015 11:03 AM by rbmartin.

euan

07-09-2015 12:20 PM

This is really helpful, it hadn't occurred to me that I might be able to use vouchers to top up my Oyster. Does anyone know if this applies to vouchers issued by all rail companies (Virgin East Coast in particular)?

lacb

07-09-2015 01:51 PM

Just topped up at Forest Hill. Thanks rbmartin for list of Southern stations but would have to make special trip (with Oyster fare) to collect at those - still useful to know.

Euan, should work in principle for any National Rail Voucher but can't vouch for that as have only managed this with Southern.

Man at ticket office was startled that I had managed to get so much out of Southern, in particular, for a single journey and discussion then ensued about how few people pursue this. Get claiming people! The train operating companies claim for delays from Network Rail anyway.

rbmartin

07-09-2015 10:22 PM

If it was a convo with the silver haired ticket clerk, I remember having a similar chat with him about it. There's also a chap with glasses who's cheery.

Regarding the rail travel vouchers from other train companies, as long as it's issued in the correct manner, they're obliged to accept them. They can also be redeemed for Travelcards on Oyster in addition to PAYG.

At one time, you could also redeem them at London Underground ticket offices, but they've stopped doing that since the ticket office closures started.

lacb

12-09-2015 07:53 AM

I did report the issue re bar code reader at HOP to London Overground. Have had nice email back from Customer Services - it is a software fault which they aim to fix by next week.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields