SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Highway improvements to Dartmouth Road
borderpaul

27-06-2015 02:28 AM

Having followed this thread I guess there is a conflict between what Dartmouth road represents, do we want it to be a vibrant shopping/cafe area or a drop off for the swimming pool/gym. Many years ago before the swimming pool was built I asked a council rep about the provision of car parking and was told they expected most people to come on public transport. I thought this was rubbish then and you only have to look at the cars after school and at weekends to see it is not the case now.

Any improvement to parking on Dartmouth Road will probably displace about 30 cars into the local streets which are already hammered by commuters, the schools and pools visitors. I doubt it will benefit the local shops but just make it easier for pool users to come and go without extra revenue for the local shops. Yes, you can build the best bridge in the world across the railway but if I can park my car nearer the swimming pool for free, I'll do it, you'll just waste money, you might as well turn Louise House into a multistorey car park keeping the frontage of course which would probably be a more pragmatic use of money.

I think we have to prioritise Dartmouth road for buses and restrict car usage.

Why did we save Louise House so we could put a big fence around it?

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Highway improvements to Dartmouth Road - borderpaul - 27-06-2015 02:28 AM
Dartmouth Road Pavement Parking - kipya - 13-04-2016, 06:37 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Development of Highway Dartmouth Rd Garthess 4 5,203 13-04-2017 07:22 PM
Last Post: admin