SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (2): « First [1] 2 Next > Last »
Graffiti Epidemic
michael

13-04-2015 12:16 PM

I've noticed a lot of graffiti tagging around Forest Hill in the last few weeks. It appears that one or two people have got hold of a supply of spray cans and want to tag everything.

Given the amount of tagging it is difficult for one person to report it all, but between us we can ensure every piece is reported and dealt with.

You can report graffiti via Love Lewisham: http://www.lewisham.gov.uk/myservices/en...i-map.aspx
There is also an android app but it may not be available at the moment.

If you see somebody in the act of tagging a wall, please report it to the local police 020 8721 2723 or the non-emergency number 101. A photo or description would also help the police track down the culprit and have a word.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
m00ky

14-04-2015 07:04 AM

Let me guess 'dude' or 'hba'?

No coincidence it is/was half term...

Fwiw, I use the android app and it works well. The app itself is a bit simple, but in my experience Lewisham act on a good report within 1 or 2 days. It's very satisfying to see graffiti tags cleaned up almost as quickly as they arrived.

I also hope that pictures uploaded through the Love Lewisham app could one day be used as evidence for the scale of tagging if/when the vandals are finally caught. I try to note in my reports if there is nearby CCTV too (e.g. FH station underpass, outside Weatherspoons etc...).

hertburs

17-04-2015 04:31 PM

Someone with the tag of 'Drep' or something like it in green paint seems to be one of those responsible all up London Rd and into Lordship Lane. Perhaps the community police could track him down and make him remove his handiwork. Lewisham don't seem to have done anything about removing it yet.

hertburs

24-04-2015 05:00 PM

I have tried reporting the graffiti all up and down London Rd but the Love Lewisham Site seems to require a specific building address. This just doesn't help with a generalised epidemic like the present one and therefore it doesn't get picked up and get dealt with. Does anybody from Lewisham monitor this site and can get this in to the system and get the graffiti removed before it gets worse?

Cllr Paul Upex

28-04-2015 09:25 AM

Hi I will have a look up London Rd tonight and report what I find, any ideas of location/description would be much appreciated but recognise your earlier issue - email me direct at cllr_paul.upex@lewisham.gov.uk if you wish.

thanks

hertburs

28-04-2015 10:34 AM

Thanks Paul. Problems are particularly bad between Sydenham Rise and Sydenham Hill going North and going South outside the Horniman. The main target seems to be the utility green box doors and the traffic light control boxes. Also the big blue unit which seems to be associated with the road works.

No Longer Registered

28-04-2015 12:29 PM

Well thanks Cllr Paul.

Leaving the effects of anti-social behaviour to one side for a minute what are your views on crime and punishment and how can you help us to reduce crime in Forest Hill?

m00ky

30-04-2015 05:21 PM

Hertburts - try the Love Lewisham Android App if you have a suitable phone. It takes the GPS coordinates and lets you take a picture to go along with the report, as well as a bit of text description.

I find that with a good piccy (I usually try and get a long shot with a street sign or similar in it, as well as the problem) they seem to remove graffiti often the same or next day.

Now, if the blue 'LBL' bags dropped off on various roads and corners by the street cleaners could be automatically picked up and not left for days to pile up, that would make me happy. Though they do a good job, it's almost ironic that the street cleaners wear 'Love Lewisham' jackets... Especially after the foxes get the bags.

Beige

01-05-2015 07:21 AM

The Love Lewisham app isn't supported anymore and I have had problems getting my old download app to work properly. The Love Clean Streets app has superceded it and is available for android and iphone.

http://www.lovecleanstreets.com/reports/home

hertburs

01-05-2015 08:08 AM

Thanks for that Beige. I was finding it very frustrating trying to find the old Love Lewisham App. Now I know why!

dcherowbrier

10-05-2015 11:33 PM

I have tried to report graffiti and fly tipping on Bovill Road repeatedly for the last 6 months. Lewisham council have taken no notice whatsoever. When I have called to chase it up I just get a 'computer says no' response, even being told I cannot contact any of the management team in environmental services.

Some people in Bovill road have offered to put up cctv to help catch the fly tippers but the council aren't interested in that either.

Love Lewisham app is only a great idea if the council care enough to take action.

m00ky

11-05-2015 04:01 PM

Is this on private land/property, or is it council owned?

m00ky

07-06-2015 08:29 PM

Looks like some twerp 'dosh' has been doing the area lately... So sad.

admin
Administrator

11-06-2015 02:21 PM

Received today from local police:

Quote:

Good afternoon everyone, we hope you are enjoying the sunshine!

The team have been approached by several members of the public with regards to a recent spate of graffiti within the Forest Hill area.
If anyone comes across any graffiti on their streets or just when you are out and about, please feel free to e-mail a picture of it to us so we can get it removed!!
When you e-mail us just be sure to include the name of the road where it is in order for a prompt removal!

Kind regards

Amie McCreery | 7182PL |
Dedicated Ward Officer.
Team 1 - Southern Cluster (Forest Hill)
MetX TBC SNT Phone 0208 721 2723
Email Amie.K.McCreery@met.police.uk

Catford Hill Police Station
128 Catford Hill
SE64PS

hertburs

22-06-2015 09:14 PM

Lots of fresh graffiti again which looks as though it has been done by the same characters. I noticed it on the white panels in the subway at Forest Hill Station; outside W H Smiths; at the entrance to Havelock Walk and on the postbox in Lordship Lane near Wood Vale. I am sure that there is loads more. Over to you again Lewisham to remove it and to the neighbourhood police team to try and stop these stupid kids who deface our community.

m00ky

22-06-2015 09:19 PM

There are CCTV camera boxes at each end of the subway under the station. I would hope that would give some help in catching the twerps, and I always note this detail in my 'love clean streets reports', in case anyone is keeping an eye on these things.

m00ky

07-07-2015 08:06 AM

Looks like 'dosh' and 'osv' have been tagged around the area again, and from his messages it would appear that he's trying to impress someone called 'Hayley'... who said romance is dead?

Anyway, these childish scrawlings are something of an insult to graffiti culture really. And rather than providing some pithy social cometary a la Banksy and co, we get just "On Site Vandals" daubed on the front of the City Walk Apartments.

More like "Obviously Stupid Vandal", "Dim Or Stupid Herbert", or most likely "Don't Often See Hayley".

Londondrz

07-07-2015 08:25 AM

I would love to catch one and graffiti his (or hers, it is an equal opportunity crime) bedroom and PSP and TV and iPad etc.

hertburs

07-07-2015 09:28 AM

Surely the time has come for the police to stop these guys. How hard can it be? It is this kind of low level crime that is so insidious and so easily stopped before it just becomes the norm. I feel so sorry for the homeowners whose property is blighted.

m00ky

07-07-2015 09:55 AM

Quote:
Surely the time has come for the police to stop these guys.

How do you know they aren't? I guess that's often the nature of policing - there may not be much to see until someone is caught, tried and (hopefully) sentenced.

The earlier statement from Amie McCreery in this thread shows they are at least aware...

Pages (2): « First [1] 2 Next > Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields