SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Fireplace shop on Honor Oak Park
larry

12-11-2007 12:06 PM

I agree totally. its funny how 50 years ago the parade of shops would be filled with all the services we would love to now have. and now, after the boom of superstores and such-like shuting these places down, we all want them back!!

i can only hope that the new rail network will encourage future development. we live in a great place that has such potential to be fantastic.
The people are here, but alas they mostly work in town, so they daytime is quiet. and come the weekends, i guess Lordship lane etc has the quality of shops that attract. But, HOP is growing with a 'younger' (does that mean more
? ??) crowd. The success of 'the honor oak ' pub proves that there is a market. personally, i'm waiting for the Chandos to do the same thing! where do we go on a saturday lunchtime for a drink and some food? i know we can head into Forest Hill which has some great places, but i would love a local establishment. Does it take much? For example, the local deli we have could start serving eat in food. and what of shopping?! ID and jumping bean are great, and the caledonia shop on the parade is a secret winner. But there could be more. am i just being greedy??? maybe..

When i lived in balham, it was a pretty ropey place and suddenly 8 years later its like a metroplis.
Hey, i'm not saying we should or could be like balham, but it proves that places turn around. Crystal Palace is another place not dissimilar to FH and HOP.
Is it a case of if you build it they will come?? i would love to say so.
maybe a community run store is what we need? run by the people for the people. maybe i'm just dreaming..
But i am positive for the future. our lifestyles are improving. we know what we want. all it takes is a person with a bit of clout to start something and see the return and the rest will hopefully follow.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Fireplace shop on Honor Oak Park - larry - 12-11-2007 12:06 PM
RE: Fireplace shop on Honor Oak Park - ana - 14-11-2007, 03:22 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Sad demise of the car park kebab shop Erekose 27 27,875 05-09-2014 01:54 PM
Last Post: Erekose
  63 Honor Oak Park (ex White Wood Shop) lacb 133 153,732 07-11-2013 02:20 PM
Last Post: oryx
  The old Honor Oak Pet Shop Cheeky 23 23,686 04-02-2013 11:15 AM